Medigap Carrier Graveyard

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
A number of Medigap carriers have come and gone over the last 10 years or so. Few, if any, lasted more than 5 years. Most are just a faded memory.

How many carriers can you name who popped on the scene and then flamed out?

Let's do this alphabetically
Accendo.....Aetna opened up block and closed it in 3yrs maybe.
Was giving bonus app money Qtr before they closed it.

AFLAC the first time.

In Florida its always been dominated by AARP/UHC and Florida Blue, with Bankers Life/Colonial Penn and UA getting a small slither.

None having really come and gone, except maybe Gerber and Mutual of Omaha. Years ago I used to occasionally come across clients that had one of their medsupps, but it has been many many years since that has happened.

A number of Medigap carriers have come and gone over the last 10 years or so. Few, if any, lasted more than 5 years. Most are just a faded memory.

How many carriers can you name who popped on the scene and then flamed out?

I wish I could remember them all. Not only those who flamed out, but also those who flamed out and then came back a few years later. Like, who is going to trust a carrier who was hear for 2-3 years, left and is now back again?

My favorite, CSI, owned by Berkshire Hathaway, so it must be good, right?
2020 Buh-Bye
What is CSI Medicare?

They are known to be a trusted insurer for seniors looking for a Medigap policy. Established in 1977 and acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 1992, CSI offers competitive supplement plans in 48 states. It has been given an A+ Superior Rating by A.M.'s Best for their financial ability to pay future claims.

Back