Medigap Carrier Stuck in the 80's?

No Jimmy, not New Era. I have had my own issues with them but the IMO I use is nice enough to use their influence to get status updates ......... like they did on Dec 5 for 8 apps that needed a resolution before 12/7.

Post #5 takes the prize.

FWIW, when I call Equitable, even during AEP, I usually speak to someone within couple of minutes. Even during the heat of AEP they were still turning around apps in 3 - 4 business days.

If it is indeed "shwetna" that you are referring to, I know they have an escalation form you can fill out on their website. Got a case approved and issued in less than a day after I sent it to escalation. Might be worth a try...

Vic, yes it is AEP. From their comment you would think they are the only one's experiencing that problem.

Thank you for reminding me, Louis.

Mchris, I was told the escalation form can only be used for cases that have been logged in for 14 business days. That will occur for this app sometime in early March.

Seriously, app logged in 12/3. 14 business days is 12/22 so apparently I have nothing to worry about.

Yet.

Mchris, I was told the escalation form can only be used for cases that have been logged in for 14 business days. That will occur for this app sometime in early March.

Seriously, app logged in 12/3. 14 business days is 12/22 so apparently I have nothing to worry about.

Yet.

It should be 14 calendar days so you could escalate by thursday... not preferable but maybe better than the alternative of waiting forevor

Any idea where the escalation form is? Looked all over for it and didn't find it. Really don't want to spend another 45 minutes on hold to talk to a rep.

thx

Thanks Wes. Definitely hidden. The link helped. After completing I went back to the dashboard and clicked around until I found it.

I have had the same issue with schewtna. I just wish they had one of those voices that would tell us how long the wait time is, or the option for it to call us back like moo has, either of these options would be better, but I do miss being able to call in and talk to somebody on the spot.

Even their life side is super slow. I used to be able to call Lan and get an answer and have my question resolved in about five minutes. Now it's taken about 25 to 30 minutes.

Escalated the application yesterday. Got an email today asking for the termination letter (MA exiting the market).

• Term letter submitted with app
  • Talked to rep two weeks ago. Assured everything was in order in spite of the NIGO
  • Email this AM was first communication asking for term letter
  • Sent again

I have only written maybe 15 apps with them and this is the third one that ends up like this. (Asking for things submitted, and told the app is in good order in spite of NIGO in the status report).

Not impressed.

Any idea where the escalation form is? Looked all over for it and didn't find it. Really don't want to spend another 45 minutes on hold to talk to a rep.

thx

I'm on hold now with them. I love companies like this...

----------

It is hard to find. Go to their memos. One of them has a link to AEP Dashboard. From there you'll find link to escalation form. I'll paste link in below. It is calendar days.

http://www.pages05.net/aetnacliacimedsupply/CaseEscalationForm/Form

Why the hell does a company need an escalation form? Don't they know they shouldn't have apps for 14 days anyway?

Back