MGA Over-Rides on MA's . . .

When I approach them - I'd like to be in the know before I go meet with them.

Thanks for all the help Todd:biggrin:

In order for most overrides you have to have 15-20 actively writing agents, not just breathing agents.
When your "team" writes a certain amount, you get overrides, when the number of apps written goes up so does your contract.
This is all individual numbers with each company. For example, I started my override contracts when i had 15 agents and I received $75 from uhc for each application my agents wrote, I am now over that number because we are writing more. Aetna overrides are only $25.00 right now, no matter how much I write they won't change our contract until they feel like it, it does not matter how much we write, its up to each company.
Hope this helps.

Thanks!

What about year 2 and beyond?

In order for most overrides you have to have 15-20 actively writing agents, not just breathing agents.
When your "team" writes a certain amount, you get overrides, when the number of apps written goes up so does your contract.
This is all individual numbers with each company. For example, I started my override contracts when i had 15 agents and I received $75 from uhc for each application my agents wrote, I am now over that number because we are writing more. Aetna overrides are only $25.00 right now, no matter how much I write they won't change our contract until they feel like it, it does not matter how much we write, its up to each company.
Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

No wonder UHC monopolizes my market. If CMS limits the working agent's commission to uniform amounts to create a quasi-level marketplace, why doesn't it work the same way for those upline levels? In my area, there are uplines who ONLY push UHC, even when benefit-wise, it's not the best plan for the prospect (not that the agents really care sometimes) People at CMS must be incredibly stupid or the individual carriers are greasing CMS' palms?

No wonder UHC monopolizes my market. If CMS limits the working agent's commission to uniform amounts to create a quasi-level marketplace, why doesn't it work the same way for those upline levels? In my area, there are uplines who ONLY push UHC, even when benefit-wise, it's not the best plan for the prospect (not that the agents really care sometimes) People at CMS must be incredibly stupid or the individual carriers are greasing CMS' palms?

In most of my Counties - Aetna has the best MAPD . . .

I get smaller overrides after year 2 and beyond, depending on which company. Some as low as 2.90 bucks each month but it all adds up and its nice to be paid to train agents to sell properly and to help them with all aspects of getting started and to keep moving forward.

I get smaller overrides after year 2 and beyond, depending on which company. Some as low as 2.90 bucks each month but it all adds up and its nice to be paid to train agents to sell properly and to help them with all aspects of getting started and to keep moving forward.

He isn't concerned about the latter half of your statement. Which begs the question, why would anyone contract under him since he isn't providing anything of value?

Back