Mitt Romney To End Individual Health Insurance?

TXINSURANCE

Guru
1000 Post Club
Katy, TX
I am sitting here tonight reading the HOUSTON CHRONICLE and the article reads like this...

"Mitt Romney Believes in a free market solution to Health Insurance..."

OK sounds good so far... and then...

"Mitt's plan would require ALL business to either provide benefits or pay a FEE to FUND a GOVERNMENT plan(s) that the employee could choose.."

So in other words Mitt wants to end Individual Health Insurance? I'll leave this to YOU to make YOUR own decision.

I am of the opinion the reason we are having Health Insurance issues is because it is employer sponsored, over regulation and not very portable - I believe less regulation and INDIVIDUAL plans are the solution - again just my opinion.

It should also be noted that Mitt comes from one of five "guaranteed issue" states which is the most backwards approach to health care in the country - in my opinion. A plan that costs $800/mo in Mitt's state costs about $150/mo (or less) in most other states including my home state of Texas.

I am not anti-Mitt, I haven't made up my mind yet for '08 - not really liking my choices overall - I just feel INDIVIDUAL Insurance is the solution not the problem and when I hear a candidate state "all employers must provide coverage" OR "pick a government plan" I translate that to

"Eliminate the broker and Eliminate Individual Insurance..."

I also know talk is cheap and he is not likely to get elected...

Anyone care to chime in?

I agree. It's government regulation and the unfair tax break only available to business that is responsible for much of the problem. Of course, if we get rid of much of our tax burden caused by big government (see Ron Paul) people could afford to pay for health insurance.

I have a gut feeling that a dark horse will wind up with the Republican nomination. Rudy is an liar, Romney has proven his incompetency and frankly his religious beliefs are a turn-off, and McCain is pretty much history.

The "moral majority" will get behind a likeable guy like Huckabee. He really doesn't offend too many people and might pull away from the pack.

The Democrats better back Edwards or they will likely lose another election.

Then again, I can hope that sanity prevails and Ron Paul is elected.

Rick

Then again, I can hope that sanity prevails and Ron Paul is elected.

Keep dreaming... I like Ron as well - remember I am from Texas, but he has a ZERO and I mean 0% chance of election... Once he starts screaming to eliminate the dept. of education, and cut off the checks to the dedbeats he will NEVER get elected.

I just hope I am not going to be forced to sell Auto Insurance in the future...lol.... It is not my destiny!!!

Mitt Romney is a liar, he started this campaign of his saying he had nothing to do with the Mass Health State Takeover. Well you know I'm not as stupid as he may think I am, I also have a memory, he was one of the biggest supporter of the Mass Plan no more then a year ago.

Ps, it is no way will he win the Republican Nominations.

Mitt Romney is a liar, he started this campaign of his saying he had nothing to do with the Mass Health State Takeover. Well you know I'm not as stupid as he may think I am, I also have a memory, he was one of the biggest supporter of the Mass Plan no more then a year ago.

What the hell do you expect. After all he is a politician.

I think it's far too soon to count Romney out. Giuliani is leading the GOP now but his personal life is an absolute train wreck and I think the Dems are laying low on him. They are biding their time, hoping he gets the nod and then they'll terrorize him. It might not be a good game plan for the GOP to put all their weight behind Giuliani. Mitt could easily become a front runner.

The "moral majority" will get behind a likeable guy like Huckabee. He really doesn't offend too many people and might pull away from the pack.
Rick

The day this country starts electing a leader because he is likeable and the least likely to upset their opponent is the day we become a weak nation.

As Martin Luther King said,

"A genuine leader is not a searcher
for consensus
but a molder of consensus."

Back