Most innovative FMO & IMO?

Oswaldo Rivas

Hello everyone,

I am a new agent out of Florida. I’ve had my license for less than a year and initially signed up with The Brokerage Inc to offer Medicare and Family First Life to offer life insurance. I am also currently working on being able to sell health from the marketplace for under 65. I’ve owned my own business in the past and have over 12+ years of sales experience in corporate America. It’s been a struggle researching what is the right IMO/FMO to partner with and finding the right tools. It seems as I have made a mistake with the ones I have partnered with due to misalignment with my go to market strategy. One of my big drivers for success in owning my start up business in the past was my ability to leverage, master, and rapidly implement technology as a huge competitive advantage to compliment our professionalism and integrity. I am looking for the most complete FMO/ IMO organizations out there. Ones that can offer/ recommend top notch innovation and technology to help me maximize efficiency and productivity. I have spent some time in the group health arena and the ability to input census info and quickly do comparison on plans and generate proposals for businesses in a centralized location was a norm. Does this not exist in the life/ medicare space for agents or is this only available for agencies? Ideally, I would like to be able to have a complete CRM that can link with a quoting tool where I can quickly compare/ quote multiple carriers. Maybe one system for life products and have another for Medicare because combined I’m finding would be a stretch. As of right now, I have all these separate carrier quoting tools and nothing talks to each other. There are so many manual processes. I am currently shopping Pinnacle Financial Services for Medicare which is who I originally was going to sign up with. I recently also came across Partners Advantage Insurance Services. What are your thoughts? Any other suggestions? Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!

Something to keep in mind, this is currently a side hustle with the vision of rapid growth. My goal is to eventually open a brokerage / agency and leave corporate America behind but in order to do so I must maximize my free time. Thank you!

Banish the idea from your brain that you can imput wxyz into a computer and suddenly see plan ____ as best, along with an click of a butten enrollment path.

It just doesn't fly that way.

• Having said that, use CSG for quoting med supps.
  • Get Search and Save (S&S) for PDP and MAPD.
  • Use a CRM for your customer info and notes.
  • (My recommendation) stay away from FMO CRMs. Keep your data. You may move FMOs and you don't want to lose your stuff.
Then, use your brain. Talk to people and make recommendations based on the data that you see in CSG and S&S. But more importantly, based on what your client wants (or might want).

Don't trust the stupid algorithms to recommend stuff (a good agent will come behind you and flip your book). Rather, learn your market - know the minute details in your brain - better than any of your competition, and you'll crush it.

Banish the idea from your brain that you can imput wxyz into a computer and suddenly see plan ____ as best, along with an click of a butten enrollment path.

It just doesn't fly that way.

• Having said that, use CSG for quoting med supps.
  • Get Search and Save (S&S) for PDP and MAPD.
  • Use a CRM for your customer info and notes.
  • (My recommendation) stay away from FMO CRMs. Keep your data. You may move FMOs and you don't want to lose your stuff.
Then, use your brain. Talk to people and make recommendations based on the data that you see in CSG and S&S. But more importantly, based on what your client wants (or might want).

Don't trust the stupid algorithms to recommend stuff (a good agent will come behind you and flip your book). Rather, learn your market - know the minute details in your brain - better than any of your competition, and you'll crush it.
I agree with this, I was just telling him where he could get it all in one.

I was just looking at the new MedicareCENTER and on the left it lists all the Integrity FMO's I haveany connection to, CSG and Search & Save. Does Integrity own S & S too. I think I read that S & S gets their data from CSG. I'm not very good with technology, and I think it's more complicated than it was when they were separate.

I hardly use CSG anymore...no need. I subscribe to RadiusBob, InsuranceToolkit and Search and Save. Toolkit and S & S both have CRM's, and do everything MedicareCENTER does and Toolkit has the Underwriting feature (that works, unlike CSG). I think they're both much easier to use than MedicareCenter.

I agree with this, I was just telling him where he could get it all in one.

I was just looking at the new MedicareCENTER and on the left it lists all the Integrity FMO's I haveany connection to, CSG and Search & Save. Does Integrity own S & S too. I think I read that S & S gets their data from CSG. I'm not very good with technology, and I think it's more complicated than it was when they were separate.

I hardly use CSG anymore...no need. I subscribe to RadiusBob, InsuranceToolkit and Search and Save. Toolkit and S & S both have CRM's, and do everything MedicareCENTER does and Toolkit has the Underwriting feature (that works, unlike CSG). I think they're both much easier to use than MedicareCenter.

Ive never used search and save but I love Medicare center for MA plans quote and summary and enroll

However I do find if a doc does not come up I need to check carrier site because sometimes it comes up carrier site

For meds I still use medicare.gov not sure I trust or am comfortable using for good Drug comparison for PDP

What is this tool kit? Does it really do well with underwriting every other tool I have looked at has been disappointing

I mean I know the basics I need a tool that can help with the hard cases the weird situations

Also need to learn underwriting of newer carrier and lesser used carriers Looking more and more into natgen , prosperity life and some others

Last edited:
Ive never used search and save but I love Medicare center for MA plans quote and summary and enroll

However I do find if a doc does not come up I need to check carrier site because sometimes it comes up carrier site

For meds I still use medicare.gov not sure I trust or am comfortable using for good Drug comparison for PDP

What is this tool kit? Does it really do well with underwriting every other tool I have looked at has been disappointing

I mean I know the basics I need a tool that can help with the hard cases the weird situations
Whenever you post a case, I use Toolkit to respond. It's quick and accurate. Type in height/weight, age, gender(it only lists 2, haha), meds, health conditions and it'll ask other questions like when was 1st fill, what condition are you taking a med for, etc. Then it quotes the companies that will take the case, and the ones that won't it tells you why. I haven't seen it make a mistake yet. I stopped updating my cheat sheet, Toolkit is more accurate. You can do FE, Med Supps or both. It even has DVH and Term, a CRM and a calendar. And it covers all states.

They have a free trial. You should try it, you'll love it. If I stop doing MAPD/PDP, Toolkit's all I'll need, but I'll probably keep Search & Save to run peoples meds for them as a free service.

Last edited:
For med adv.. what would be the best way, easiest way, to get a read out of which counties in the US have a plans that have a give back and how much it is??

Back