Moving to Florida - Want to Start Small Agency Once I'm There!

Re: Moving to Florida - Want to Start Small Agency Once I'm There

Agree. You will have a tough time (to put it lightly) getting appointed with carriers such as Mercury, Safeco and Travelers. It seems like everyone can get Progressive or Bristol West these days. But to play in the big leagues, you will need big league players.

EDIT: I have offices in Boca Raton and Orlando and would be open to the discussion of letting you access my carriers. If interested pm me.

What lines of insurance do you run out of your Boca Office?

Re: Moving to Florida - Want to Start Small Agency Once I'm There

Spending $300 monthly on leads with Insureme, Agentinsider, Hometown Quotes and all the rest of the garbage is like throwing money away. I stopped using these companies awhile back.

They are suspect. In the past I have questioned Hometown Quotes about their lead profiles and what is considered a valid lead vs. bogus or not meeting filters. It's futile.

The only way they will consider a lead bogus is if the contact info is not correct. People lyeing on the info submission form about priors, length of license, etc will not move these companies.

Out of $300, you may get to speak with 4 or 5 people. The rest are bad...really bad.

Consider working with an established agency for awhile and then branch off when you have the funds to open an office.
I don't believe trying to sell P&C from the house in Fl would work even if a storefront is not a prerequisite.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back