Mutual of Omaha Accidental Death

yeah, i'm not chasing daycare workers, but the question asked if anyone sold it... i can say in 14yrs i've never sold a ad&d policy. i've probably had a customer or 2 that passed due to an accident that could've used it though...

and i can see why he doesn't waste the time doing fully underwritten life insurance to someone making $10/hr that's not gonna keep it for 2 yrs anyway, let alone will take a physical, etc

we used to go after them for supplemental stuff when i was captive. CI, cancer, accident, DI, man am I glad I got out of that market

GI and accidental death products are best for those declined on "regular" life insurance. I'm not a huge fan of AD policies due to the fact that many who already have that product feel they are fully insured when they actually are not.

As to the idea that those who are declined life insurance will only die from their ailments rather than an accident (I admit is statistically true) doesn't mean they are immune from a death by accident. I drove by two separate auto accidents this past Saturday and someone died in both accidents. Stuff happens. I hope they had some coverage for their families.

Can someone get CI if they are declined for life? I haven't seen that to be the case. Per an underwriter, this is the hierarchy of underwriting, from easiest to hardest:

1. Life
2. Disability
3. Critical Illness
4. Long Term Care

If someone is completely uninsurable for life and can only buy GI, they might as well buy lottery tickets versus an accidental death policy. Some games return 60% or more on average. Slot machines would also be a better choice, up to 98% or even 99+% return on some machines.

I'm adding some marketing info to sites today to see what type of interest if any is generated...verbally there has been some interest from consumers....whether that translates into apps or not, who knows but I'll give some feedback in a few weeks.

Back