Mutual of Omaha Plan N Discontinued in All States!

Jeez ---I just replaced a plan F with Physician's mutual to a plan N with Omaha. The lady was paying $2600 a year with Physician's and now pays $1250 a year with Omaha. I am expecting even if Omaha increases she will save lots of money through time. ( I hope!)

Jeez ---I just replaced a plan F with Physician's mutual to a plan N with Omaha. The lady was paying $2600 a year with Physician's and now pays $1250 a year with Omaha. I am expecting even if Omaha increases she will save lots of money through time. ( I hope!)

If she needed GI you did exactly what I would do. If she can pass underwriting I would put her in Plan G rather than N. Or if she likes Plan N just put it with a different company with full underwriting.

Usually, if you compare what a person pays with both issue age and attained age, they win in the short and the long is attained age.

Yeah, things are definitely different in each state. I used to sell for an issue age company, but of course without doing the volume they needed, were super high after a year or two. AARP is community aged in NC (the only one), and although I don't agree with their votes in health reform, really haven't went up much since 1998, usually 3-5% it seems, so I sell them to those that I think will have trouble during the shell game down the road. BCBS, although I don't sell them, really hasn't been that bad as issue age here, but definitely start off higher than most.

For most everyone though, unless they have something chronic during open enrollment, I'll certainly write attained and help them save the money up front. Cause if we don't, the next agent will!

For most everyone though, unless they have something chronic during open enrollment, I'll certainly write attained and help them save the money up front. Cause if we don't, the next agent will!

When is the open enrollment for Med Supps in your state? And which state is that?

Rick

No. You and I know that, but I wasn't talking about you or me I was talking about what seniors think.

But it's your job to educate the senior that their thinking is incorrect. It's called being a professional.

I assume you do this as part of your presentation. If the senior still believes that MoO or UHC or whoever is the best carrier, get out that company's app.

Rick

But it's your job to educate the senior that their thinking is incorrect. It's called being a professional.

I assume you do this as part of your presentation. If the senior still believes that MoO or UHC or whoever is the best carrier, get out that company's app.

Rick

What the heck are you talking about? What thinking is incorrect?

What the heck are you talking about? What thinking is incorrect?

Here's what you said in response to SAI:

Originally Posted by senior-advisor-indiana
Every med Supp company I have worked with or came across have all paid their claims. Have you seen any that don't?
No. You and I know that, but I wasn't talking about you or me I was talking about what seniors think.

My point is that it's YOUR job to correct that thinking.

Now do you know what the heck I'm talking about?

Rick

Back