My Final Expense Presentation

Thank you for sharing. I struggle to close on life insurance for several reasons, the first being that I am SUPER passive, and the second being I have no true presentation or training (I have product knowledge but no real life sales training). I mostly deal in Medicare and that to me is an easy sale, life insurance is a whole different beast.

I definitely have a story that hits people in the gut that would help with closing on life insurance. I have lived the life of being under-insured and having my first spouse pass away as the primary breadwinner and the struggle that resulted from it. Having first hand experience can definitely hit home to many people.

I need to be more assumptive and less timid and share my story more. I usually refrain because it makes me emotional but that would also help people realize I am a real person and not just a salesperson.

I got a lot of tips from this post. But I am not taking my shoes off (it is very respectful to ask though). lol
I sell a lot of medicare as well. The one thing I would say a lot of medicare agents struggle in creating a FE cross-sell, is simply not asking the the question, "who do you have your life insurance with?"

If you want give me a call 937-381-7755 and I can give you some tips on increasing your FE sales along with your medicare.

Thank you for sharing. I struggle to close on life insurance for several reasons, the first being that I am SUPER passive, and the second being I have no true presentation or training (I have product knowledge but no real life sales training). I mostly deal in Medicare and that to me is an easy sale, life insurance is a whole different beast.

I definitely have a story that hits people in the gut that would help with closing on life insurance. I have lived the life of being under-insured and having my first spouse pass away as the primary breadwinner and the struggle that resulted from it. Having first hand experience can definitely hit home to many people.

I need to be more assumptive and less timid and share my story more. I usually refrain because it makes me emotional but that would also help people realize I am a real person and not just a salesperson.

I got a lot of tips from this post. But I am not taking my shoes off (it is very respectful to ask though). lol

Do you use a fact finder at all? If you did, it might just help you more with cross-selling. If you want to give me a call I can send you one and go over it with you as to how I used it.

Do you use a fact finder at all? If you did, it might just help you more with cross-selling. If you want to give me a call I can send you one and go over it with you as to how I used it.

I do use a fact finder type form. I really attribute my lack of cross selling to the "management" in my office. I was shown how two established agents (one in the business over 50 years; one in the business since 2006) do their presentations and basically for my first 2 or 3 years mimicked their presentations, thinking they knew it all. As I have grown in the business, had conversations with other agents, FMOs, webinars, training meetings, etc. I have learned that they in fact know very little and themselves are poor at cross-selling. For example, on a book of over 3000 active clients, our agency as a whole has less than 20 annuities total and the majority of them were written on family.

Our agency is very good at retention and our clients are FIERCELY loyal and would certainly purchase more products but simply don't know what we sell. I have made a massive push to turn that around (I am a graphic designer and have implemented a website, forms, brochures, postcards, letters, signage, the whole nine yards) that we failed to do previously. We are starting to turn things around but it is a slow transition. Have to change my presentation style, we are just now starting to use leads for the first time and have the most PASSIVE agents alive working them (including me), starting to shift the focus more.

Like Jensing said...ask. You'll be surprized how many FE cross sales you'll get from just asking. :yes:

I do use a fact finder type form. I really attribute my lack of cross selling to the "management" in my office. I was shown how two established agents (one in the business over 50 years; one in the business since 2006) do their presentations and basically for my first 2 or 3 years mimicked their presentations, thinking they knew it all. As I have grown in the business, had conversations with other agents, FMOs, webinars, training meetings, etc. I have learned that they in fact know very little and themselves are poor at cross-selling. For example, on a book of over 3000 active clients, our agency as a whole has less than 20 annuities total and the majority of them were written on family.

Our agency is very good at retention and our clients are FIERCELY loyal and would certainly purchase more products but simply don't know what we sell. I have made a massive push to turn that around (I am a graphic designer and have implemented a website, forms, brochures, postcards, letters, signage, the whole nine yards) that we failed to do previously. We are starting to turn things around but it is a slow transition. Have to change my presentation style, we are just now starting to use leads for the first time and have the most PASSIVE agents alive working them (including me), starting to shift the focus more.

I was always a passive agent myself and pretty much always assumed the sale if I could get the client in a better situation. In the beginning, I wouldn't use a fact finder, but after a while I began to realize that I was not going to remember everything about everyone, so I decided to start using just to take notes. Well, what I found out is that it gave me a track to run on and my cross-sales skyrocketed. So, from my own personal experience, I try to get agents to use this each and every time. (Well, for those agents that want to sell more than one product.

Devil's advocate here. Maybe they had you watch those two agents because they do well. And maybe they do well because they specialize. Diffusion is the enemy of productivity!
Besides, ain't enough time in the day for Jack to master all the trades.:err:

Devil's advocate here. Maybe they had you watch those two agents because they do well. And maybe they do well because they specialize. Diffusion is the enemy of productivity!
Besides, ain't enough time in the day for Jack to master all the trades.:err:

I get that in some regards, if we are talking Medicare then maybe so. But when a client tells them they want life insurance the response is "we will contact you in January after the busy season is over" and never do so. There are clients that have notes in their files that have asked 2,3,4 years in a row for life insurance and have never even been quoted. Clients have called in asking for quotes outside of AEP busy season, and not had phone calls returned to them. I am not allowed to contact those people because "they are not my clients". I just feel like that is bad business. Definitely not how I treat my clients.

Also, the reason that I trained with those two agents is because when I was hired in they were the only agents (they are also the "management" that was mentioned prior).

I get that in some regards, if we are talking Medicare then maybe so. But when a client tells them they want life insurance the response is "we will contact you in January after the busy season is over" and never do so. There are clients that have notes in their files that have asked 2,3,4 years in a row for life insurance and have never even been quoted. Clients have called in asking for quotes outside of AEP busy season, and not had phone calls returned to them. I am not allowed to contact those people because "they are not my clients". I just feel like that is bad business. Definitely not how I treat my clients.

Also, the reason that I trained with those two agents is because when I was hired in they were the only agents (they are also the "management" that was mentioned prior).
Most Medicare agents are very lazy

Back