My Pregnant Girfriend Needs Good Insurance

My wife and I have three children. Two of them were born when we had no insurance coverage. We paid all of the bills with no help from the government or any social agency. I never once thought about looking for a loop hole or seeking assistance. My how times have changed.

that was a smart move......if you were in my shoes with preemie twins with a $250,000 bill what would you have done.....thats why I tell people that haveing the delivery covered is not the most important thing .....it is haveing a plan in place when the baby is born to cover the new born if there is something wrong with the child when born...

that was a smart move......if you were in my shoes with preemie twins with a $250,000 bill what would you have done.....thats why I tell people that haveing the delivery covered is not the most important thing .....it is haveing a plan in place when the baby is born to cover the new born if there is something wrong with the child when born...

Well in that case you do whatever you have to do. Fortunately, all of my children were health although all three births were by C-section. They all also bear my last name since there mother and I were married. There is a difference in being a responsible person faced with a large medical bill and just being irresponsible and looking for loop holes.

Without insurance, my son would have bankrupted us. My wife had severe complications during her pregnancy and we couldn't have been able to afford the weekly testing for hydrops.

She then needed to have an emergency c-section and after that her lungs were filled with fluid due to the pitocin they gave her to induce labor. Problem was, she was on pitocin for almost 24 hours.

The whole nine would have bankrupted us. I have two niece who are RNs - both work in NICU. I'd never recommend anyone deliver without having any insurance.

Last edited:
Without insurance, my son would have bankrupted us. My wife had severe complications during her pregnancy and we couldn't have been able to afford the weekly testing for hydrops.

She then needed to have an emergency c-section and after that her lungs were filled with fluid due to the pitocin they gave her to induce labor. Problem was, she was on pitocin for almost 24 hours.

The whole nine would have bankrupted us.

The problem I had was that I was involved in full time church work and honestly could not afford insurance on what I was paid and my job didn't provide me with any. My family went without health insurance for about 14 years.

Well in that case you do whatever you have to do.

which would be file bankruptcy and stick it to the people that provided service.....so no I am not dogging anyone getting into the PICP or the risk pool.....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
even at extremely high deductible that did not cover maternity I am sure it could have fit in a budget.....

The problem I had was that I was involved in full time church work and honestly could not afford insurance on what I was paid and my job didn't provide me with any. My family went without health insurance for about 14 years.

Last edited:
Going without insurance today is much riskier than it was yesterday. I don't know when XRAC's children were born, but my Dad tells the story that his firstborn cost $150 and both mother and baby were in the hospital 10 days even though they were both healthy. That was the day of more cautious care and cheaper prices!

Back