• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Nasb

You start with a blank sheet of paper and a pen or pencil the you put the pen in your and and push it onto the paper. Next you start forming the words and numbers "$5/week AP". There now you have written " $5/week AP"

Genius...why didn't I think of that...how much override do I need to give you for that?

So your point is that agents have a better chance of selling something if they are with your group at 80% than anywhere else selling the exact same thing at 100% -120%?

I guess I didn't make my point clear enough when posting. So I apologize allow me to reframe it.

When I first started out captive the company gave you a low (50%) contract ran you through a training booklet that basically just built the company up in the agents mind rather than teaching you how to sell. Your leads were the list of 200 people you knew that you brought in on day 2. IMHO minimum value provided for a very large contract cut. Not a fair deal to the agent. The only reason agents had a such a low contract was to allow the company to "keep up appearances" with their fancy office in a metro area.

On the flip side I would have been happy to start off there if I had been shown a path to success rather than the door and a pat on the back.

Starting off if I had a 50% contract or a 150% contract I would have seen about the same level of success because I didn't know what the hell I was doing. Thus where the $0 of 120% comes from.

Just to be clear my point is that agents have a better chance of selling something with training, agent support, leads, and client retention provided by the office. Especially if said agent is like most agents and has no clue how to make a buck, even if they've been "trying" insurance for years. Of course this doesn't come free. So new agents, hell most agents, should be willing to give up % on contract for all of the above to stack the deck in their favor. Then of course as they need less help and support they are welcome to a higher contract. No sense in not letting people make the money they are able to make.

But whenever I run across an agent that says "I've got this" and they want to run their own show I'll throw the largest contract we've got at them and let them do their thing.

Considering most agents on here are drooling over the idea of making $50,000-$100,000 a year I'd say there are a good number of agents that should take advantage of it if someone were to offer it. Or they could do what they've always done and get what they've always gotten.

Hope that clears it up for you.

----------

You do realize your trying rationalize with a moron. I love the 120% of nothing...so that means the friday calls and open phone lines you give aren't really training. Totally hasn't helped out at all...I think I need a release so I can gonget an 80% contract with this guy so he can show me how to write $5/week AP.

Hey guy, can you show me how to write $5k a week in AP?

\What AP do you write a week? Not because I'm wanting to give you tips but I want to see if your attitude matches your aptitude, which it normally does.

I never said anyone wasn't giving training at higher contracts, there's much more that goes into lower contract levels (or at least should) than just training. If you had read and considered what was actually said rather than flying to respond to up your post count you might have caught it.

Last edited:
I guess I didn't make my point clear enough when posting. So I apologize allow me to reframe it.

When I first started out captive the company gave you a low (50%) contract ran you through a training booklet that basically just built the company up in the agents mind rather than teaching you how to sell. Your leads were the list of 200 people you knew that you brought in on day 2. IMHO minimum value provided for a very large contract cut. Not a fair deal to the agent. The only reason agents had a such a low contract was to allow the company to "keep up appearances" with their fancy office in a metro area.

On the flip side I would have been happy to start off there if I had been shown a path to success rather than the door and a pat on the back.

Starting off if I had a 50% contract or a 150% contract I would have seen about the same level of success because I didn't know what the hell I was doing. Thus where the $0 of 120% comes from.

Just to be clear my point is that agents have a better chance of selling something with training, agent support, leads, and client retention provided by the office. Especially if said agent is like most agents and has no clue how to make a buck, even if they've been "trying" insurance for years. Of course this doesn't come free. So new agents, hell most agents, should be willing to give up % on contract for all of the above to stack the deck in their favor. Then of course as they need less help and support they are welcome to a higher contract. No sense in not letting people make the money they are able to make.

But whenever I run across an agent that says "I've got this" and they want to run their own show I'll throw the largest contract we've got at them and let them do their thing.

Considering most agents on here are drooling over the idea of making $50,000-$100,000 a year I'd say there are a good number of agents that should take advantage of it if someone were to offer it. Or they could do what they've always done and get what they've always gotten.

----------

\What AP do you write a week? Not because I'm wanting to give you tips but I want to see if your attitude matches your aptitude, which it normally does.

I never said anyone wasn't giving training at higher contracts, there's much more that goes into lower contract levels (or at least should) than just training. If you had read and considered what was actually said rather than flying to respond to up your post count you might have caught it.

I'll do it John Galt style from a couple months back.

Week 1: $4900
Week 2: $5,800
Week 3:(bad TM vendor...no leads) $2,200
Week 4:(snowed in GA 2 field days) $4,200
Week 5: $6,400
Week 6: 7,300
Week 7: (stuck inside..see above about snow in Atlanta) $0.00. I might start doing telesales if this continues ;)

Last edited:
I do john galt style from a couple months back. Week 1: $4900 Week 2: $5,800 Week 3:(bad TM vendor...no leads) $2,200 Week 4:(snowed in GA 2 field days) $4,200 Week 5: $6,400 Week 6: 7,300 Week 7: (stuck inside..see above about snow in Atlanta) Thanks...any questions?

If you would have had better training and lower contracts you would have been much more successful. That's the whole point he was making.

I think we can all agree on this obvious point can't we?

I haven't seen/heard that nonsense about Walmart Cards except here.

And a contract is a contract. Uphold your side.

And the post wasn't directly towards you, it was about all the other related nonsense BS here

Agreed a contract is a contract. Mind pointing out the clause in the contract that states the 6 month wait on moving a carrier? And this is NOT a NASB issue as I complain about this with everyone its an agreement between IMO and Carrier and not disclosed to the agent. Normally there is a clause about severing the contract and this piece is left out.

If you would have had better training and lower contracts you would have been much more successful. That's the whole point he was making.

I think we can all agree on this obvious point can't we?

You got it! Now I should say that I've spent close to $4k in leads, so its not all wine and roses. Regardless, my IMO..ahem..FEX..has been instrumental in my success. Thanks to the friday conference call and the times Travis and Scott have picked up the phone to help me out. JD's insight, literally made me $1,500 the same day I heard him give it on the call.

I want a kick back...how's a 5% bump across all my carriers sound? ;)

You got it! Now I should say that I've spent close to $4k in leads, so its not all wine and roses. Regardless, my IMO..ahem..FEX..has been instrumental in my success. Thanks to the friday conference call and the times Travis and Scott have picked up the phone to help me out. JD's insight, literally made me $1,500 the same day I heard him give it on the call. I want a kick back...how's a 5% bump across all my carriers sound? ;)

I need a calculator. 5% bump on 80% = ?

OK, for you we will do it!

----------

After they get trained and decide they want to move to higher contracts, then why won't NASB release them? Exactly they won't. Just more marketer BS!

Back