Need advice on appointment setting

You know I was just kidding about how you and Doug look.

I was not kidding about the work schedule. Very few people and work those kind of hours for any length of time before it takes a toil on their health and well being. You eat too much fast food, your cholesterol hits 500, your heart rate is 210 over 120. You get circles and bags around the eyes. Your car looks like a pig pen, your family life goes to hell and before you know it your down to stems and seeds again, too.

Work smarter, not harder is not just a old saying. It is a very true statement.

Work a third of the leads and half of the hours and you will make more money and have a lot more fun.

You know I was just kidding about how you and Doug look.

I was not kidding about the work schedule. Very few people and work those kind of hours for any length of time before it takes a toil on their health and well being. You eat too much fast food, your cholesterol hits 500, your heart rate is 210 over 120. You get circles and bags around the eyes. Your car looks like a pig pen, your family life goes to hell and before you know it your down to stems and seeds again, too.

Work smarter, not harder is not just a old saying. It is a very true statement.

Work a third of the leads and half of the hours and you will make more money and have a lot more fun.

Unless you have a plan that only involves working for a few years, burning the candle at both ends and in the middle too is a recipe for disaster.

As you mentioned, your health and personal life suffer and often you end up back where you started financially as well.

I disagree, are all of you trying to say it is too hard to work 5 to 6 days a week 8 hours a day? Working hard while your young means when he is 45 ish he can then relax a bit, if he parties now he won't be able to party later and he won't have the energy to to work hard.

Last edited:
I disagree, are all trying to say it is too hard to work 5 to 6 days a week 8 hours a day? Working hard while your young means when he is 45 ish he can then relax a bit, if he parties now he won't be able to party later and he won't have the energy to to work hard.

A 40 hour week sounds like a half week for some of these guys. I believe a few of these road warriors are doing multiple 12 hour days in a week. I recall once working 6 days a week, 10 or more hours a day. It wears on you after a while, I was so glad to give it up.

And I point back to my earlier statement. If you have a plan where several years of going at it hard means you can take it easy the rest of your life, go for it! But if your plan is to keep up the pace indefinitely, then I think you are just going to wear yourself out and be right back where you started.

A plan is great and I agree with that. With no kids or wife he should work his ass off 6 to 7 days a week so that when he has a wife and kids he will have the $$$$ to not work as hard. Do nothing but work Monday thru Friday 12 to 14 hours a day, and play on the weekends, set up 1 or 2 weeks per year for a real vacation. When you get the wife and kids you WON"T be allowed to work that hard and you won't want to. Just my opinion.

I disagree, are all of you trying to say it is too hard to work 5 to 6 days a week 8 hours a day? Working hard while your young means when he is 45 ish he can then relax a bit, if he parties now he won't be able to party later and he won't have the energy to to work hard.

Just hope your first or second wife does not skate off with half of everything you own.

There's a point in time that makes your calling unproductive. I did the numbers once & found that within 10 dials there was a 80% chance of getting a hold of the lead. But then in between 10-35 dials there was a 5% chance of getting a hold of the lead. If you're only buying 20 leads...10 dials on 20 leads is only 200 dials which can be done in a day.

I would reccomend you either buy more leads or start door knocking them after 10 dials each.
I agree.

Exhibit A. Just looked at a few of our sales today - 16 calls it what it took to make a contact and sale fortunately. The leads were a month or more old. This happens a lot.

I remember visiting my uncle Vito in the hospital just before he died. The whole family was there talking about the good old days. The last words out of his mouth were

"I wish I had spent more time at the office!"

Back