Need Good Voicemail Message

arkansaslr

Expert
Hello Guys/Gals

I have been calling a few of the Aflac agents that I know to see how the Voice mail is set up...I am shocked to what I have found.... they are terrible .... I have some who dosen't even say a Name and I called one who had Hip Hop music playing while it rang ... I'd find this very disrespectful if I'm a customer and just not good as an Agent...

I am new to the business with Aflac ...... Ok "I know please don't scream at me LOL"....at least not loud

And I need some good advise as to how I should have my Voice mail which I am finding is Very Important.....

Hip Hop music playing while it rang ... I'd find this very disrespectful if I'm a customer and just not good as an Agent...

No kiddin, I'll tell ya that hip-hop noise don't endear you to anyone.

Whenever I call a lead, and get that hip-hop "ringtone" or whatever they call that crap, I hang up and delete the lead.

Sorry, that's the reality.

No kiddin, I'll tell ya that hip-hop noise don't endear you to anyone.

Whenever I call a lead, and get that hip-hop "ringtone" or whatever they call that crap, I hang up and delete the lead.

Sorry, that's the reality.

Ha! We do the same in my office. The cancellation rate due to non-pay on a ring back tone is extremely high.

The ironic part is I like hip hop but I WOULD NEVER use a ring back tone (for any music genre actually). Aflac will hire anyone so I'm not surprised :no:.

My cousin has one of those ringtones. He has lived in the same house for 40 years and it's paid for. His Jeep looks like he just drove it off the lot and it is like 15 years old. I would sell him insurance anytime and I would think it would stay on the books.

You can't judge a book by its cover. (unless it is an AFLAC agent)

Insurance agents have VM messages? This is what I typically get:

"The voice mailbox of the person you are trying to reach has not been set up"

"The voice mailbox of the person you are trying to reach of full"

"The number you are trying to reach has been disconnected or it temporarily out of service."

Ha! We do the same in my office. The cancellation rate due to non-pay on a ring back tone is extremely high.

The ironic part is I like hip hop but I WOULD NEVER use a ring back tone (for any music genre actually). Aflac will hire anyone so I'm not surprised :no:.

My fav hip-hop song is "Pretty Boy Swag" but yeah for the most part I hate rap...I think it comes from phone rooms playing that $%^$ non-stop on the night shift to keep us awake...lol.

To give you a serious answer:

"You have reached the v/m for Your Name, today is Thursday, December 9th, I am currently out of the office or away from my phone, please leave me a message, and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks and have a great day."

I record the date each morning, it's optional, but I think it comes across as more professional.

Good luck, Aflac is a tough gig, but you will learn some things that are transferable by doing the activity and walking into businesses. Use it as a spring board and don't hesitate from learning other areas in the employee benefits / life insurance market.

Last edited:
I can assure you, your voice mail ring tone should be one of the least concerns that you have.

I have a James Bond ringtone (not voice mail). I also have Looney Tunes for this girl I know who calls me alla the time.

Back