Need help "closing deals"

What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend or wife?

Homeless.

:twitchy:

O.K. So what are the titles of those books?:yes:

Here's one from my Amazon account:

Storyselling for Financial Advisors : How Top Producers Sell
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
Boils down to this: would you buy a product from someone who gave you statistics on how a product should perform, or from someone who had an example (story) about someone who had actually benefited from the product?

Blane,
You are so fortunate. Not just because your the first person I posted to, but because you picked the best career this country has to offer.

I have spent 30 years in this industry with 29 of them being in management where I primarily recruited, hired, trained, supervised, and motivated agents. So what I have to say comes from years of experience.

I'm assuming you are relatively new to the business. If so, my first advice is to not give up. It has been my experience that if I could get an agent pass the first 3 years of the business I had him for life. There's an old saying in this business, "agents never retire, they just lapse off".

Now to address your concern. Most companies have a training class designed by losers. I mean, primarily designed by agents who couldn't make it in the field so they take a $50,000 job in the companies home office designing training tools for a job they failed at. CLOSING IS NOT SO IMPORTANT! You heard me right. Trainers teach their agents to close at least 4 or 5 times before writing the client off.

The secret to getting the sale is your presentation!!! If you give a quality presentation your close is automatic. I personally gave up closing back in the '70s. I am sincere in saying that. The last 20 years or so in selling my "BUYING" ratio was better than 52%. Now I know you hear old-timers telling you their closing ratio is 80 and 90%. LOOK AT THEIR PAYCHECK!!! I'm not disputing their word, but if they aren't earning $250K+ p/y and they're closing 4 out of 5 they are not talking to enough people.

People are buyers! That is why I said my buying ratio was better than 52%. When I deal with the 47%+ who do not buy after my presentation I have no ammo left to close anything but their door behind me.

You must learn an effective presentation. If you need help with designing a presentation feel free to email me at [email protected]...

Blane,
You are so fortunate. Not just because your the first person I posted to, but because you picked the best career this country has to offer.

I have spent 30 years in this industry with 29 of them being in management where I primarily recruited, hired, trained, supervised, and motivated agents. So what I have to say comes from years of experience.

I'm assuming you are relatively new to the business. If so, my first advice is to not give up. It has been my experience that if I could get an agent pass the first 3 years of the business I had him for life. There's an old saying in this business, "agents never retire, they just lapse off".

Now to address your concern. Most companies have a training class designed by losers. I mean, primarily designed by agents who couldn't make it in the field so they take a $50,000 job in the companies home office designing training tools for a job they failed at. CLOSING IS NOT SO IMPORTANT! You heard me right. Trainers teach their agents to close at least 4 or 5 times before writing the client off.

The secret to getting the sale is your presentation!!! If you give a quality presentation your close is automatic. I personally gave up closing back in the '70s. I am sincere in saying that. The last 20 years or so in selling my "BUYING" ratio was better than 52%. Now I know you hear old-timers telling you their closing ratio is 80 and 90%. LOOK AT THEIR PAYCHECK!!! I'm not disputing their word, but if they aren't earning $250K+ p/y and they're closing 4 out of 5 they are not talking to enough people.

People are buyers! That is why I said my buying ratio was better than 52%. When I deal with the 47%+ who do not buy after my presentation I have no ammo left to close anything but their door behind me.

You must learn an effective presentation. If you need help with designing a presentation feel free to email me at [email protected]...

I couldn't agree more. As I've said before on the forum: a great presentation is a defined order of a events that lead to a predetermined conclusion.

However, if your presentation is "closing" throughout, with trial closes, assumptive closes, right angle closes, etc. then you are closing the sale. The fact that you don't have to pressure someone to buy and hit them over the head doesn't mean you aren't closing.

Maybe I'm just confused.

Even if you simply ask, "Would you like to go ahead with this?" "Does this sound good to you so far?"

That's a close.

Let's try this. Since so many people on never have to close a sale, well how do you get the sale?

It's been implied that you're not asking for it, so does everyone roll over with no objections? Please share with us on the forum:

How do you not close and sell most or all of the time?

Rich, your website usedtobepoor.com is not as compatible with Firefox as it should be, I'm having a difficult time viewing it. Just a heads up.

Hey Rich, good content from the presentation on your website, about closing, why the contradiction on your post earlier?

Close --- the only close you should ever need is the assumptive close. i.e. I'll have this prepped and ready for you in the morning. I'll just go ahead and wrap this for you. All I need is your date of birth to get this started. All of these closes assume the prospect is going to buy --- and if you did your presentation properly getting lots of positive responses along the way than it becomes virtually impossible for the prospect to say no at the close.

The Presentation

Back