• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Need Help!! Just Starting, What to Expect!?!

will do. Passed the exam today!

Congrats Tresden!

Big accomplishment and you should celebrate a bit.

Now the journey begins!

At the end of the day what matters most is always having a lot of people to see.

So, along the way you really want to learn how to become an expert at marketing, specifically the art of lead generation.

To do this, you will need to look outside of the industry to find much of this knowledge. Where you will find it is in books and courses on the topic of "direct marketing"...Dan Kennedy's stuff is a great place to start.

You want to learn everything you can about "new client acquisition". If you master this, you will have mastered 80% of the game. The rest of what you just learned during your licensing is the 20% technical. It's what you learn about the 80% of the game they didn't teach you that will either make you or break you.

There is a lot of potential in this business. I personally know several individuals who make more than a million per year in this and a number of guys who earn $250K and up. Each of these guys are exceptionally good at their own home-grown, self taught methods of marketing, and this is the thing that gives them the edge.

Oh, one more thought: Become good at getting referrals.

Welcome to the "business"!

Best wishes to you.

okay, so as of now I have some mroe advice to ask. I start my internship Feb 1st with mass mutual. I may have an opportunity to work for a sports publication selling ad space with a starting commission of $40,000. I don't know much about the ad industry or how much commission I'd actually be able to earn. I will talk to them about it when I go to the interview, but if anyone ahs any insight it would be much appreciated :)

Well, thanks for all the advice. You guys have definitely helped to shed some light on a situation that was otherwise in the dark due to a vast misrepresentation of the industry by my recruiters. I think what I am going to do is get my L&H license, intern with them this upcoming semester to gain experience and put it on my resume while I continue interviewing for other positions. I'll feel it out and if it happens that I am one of the few than I'll stick with it after I graduate. But the probability is leaning towards me leaving after I graduate to a better and more stable opportunity. Thank you guys again for all the details and I hope this thread can help someone else at some point down the line. I'll keep you guys posted and informed on what happens as it comes assuming these threads don't die!

All my best

Smart kid! Good Plan!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
okay, so as of now I have some mroe advice to ask. I start my internship Feb 1st with mass mutual. I may have an opportunity to work for a sports publication selling ad space with a starting commission of $40,000. I don't know much about the ad industry or how much commission I'd actually be able to earn. I will talk to them about it when I go to the interview, but if anyone ahs any insight it would be much appreciated :)

Go to the interview, see what they have to offer, weigh your options. There is no right or wrong at this point. Remember to not only go for the job that offers the most financial potential but also try to find something you ENJOY!

Last edited:
Back