Need markets to cover chicken houses

jdcrook

Hello,

I am a broker in the state of Missouri. I have a couple of customers that are chicken growers for Tyson Foods. I am looking for property coverage for their chicken houses. Tyson covers the Liability of the chickens. They are currently with Fireman's Fund and the rates continually go up, so we are looking to shop around and see what we come up with. I have called around to several companies and I am not having much luck finding any markets that provide this type of coverage. So, I though I would try here and see if anyone might have some advice on potential companies they have used that might help me out. Will be needing $3-5 million in property coverage.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

I am a broker in the state of Missouri. I have a couple of customers that are chicken growers for Tyson Foods. I am looking for property coverage for their chicken houses. Tyson covers the Liability of the chickens. They are currently with Fireman's Fund and the rates continually go up, so we are looking to shop around and see what we come up with. I have called around to several companies and I am not having much luck finding any markets that provide this type of coverage. So, I though I would try here and see if anyone might have some advice on potential companies they have used that might help me out. Will be needing $3-5 million in property coverage.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nationwide Ag is good for those risks, as you already stated, Firemen's Fund is good as well. Travelers might have a market as I know they write some farm.

NWAG and FF are our big farm carriers and we are in about as rural Iowa as you can get!

I would doubt the county mutuals would want that risk, but it is an option to look into.

**Edited - Grinnell Mutual, IMT..

Back