Never Purchased Leads... Opinions Wanted

Hello everyone!

I have recently expanded my product availability to my client. I have been an associate for one of the larger supplemental carriers in the country. I have decided to take the correct steps to open an agency and increase the product lines and carriers I'm associated with. I have always used the knock and talk cold calling method. I have been focusing on group products (Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life) for two years. However, I do not want to turn down the opportunity to help individual clients, either. I am interested in getting opinions on how to enter the market of purchasing leads. Which lead generating companies have the best ROI? What are the methods that the veteran agents are using to follow up on these leads. Is it suggested to continue to call until contact has been made with the potential client? Use the mail campaign to make contact after a few attempts. I have even read about a person on these forums that will work up a quote and mail it to the lead after making a few unsuccessful attempt to make contact via phone.

My first contact was made with Benepath, and the group exclusive leads were expensive in my opinion (but I don't have the experience to justify my opinion), and the sales person told me that they would like me to commit 5 leads a week, however they may be only able to provide two leads in my region. They also wanted a deposit (on top of the first invoice) before giving the first leads. Is this typical?

Any input is welcomed.

Thanks

Use the Insurance Forum Search Tool : Benepath

lots of info - personally have little experience with individual sales but its something discussed a lot on this forum - search tool is your best friend for this topic imo. PAGES AND PAGES of info about lead co's

In fact watching some threads progress speaks volumes about the lead company:

typically starts off with someone trying a company then about 10 pages of how disappointing they are ahahah, but some have kept a decent name over the years. Im talking threads that are years old

Last edited:
There are MANY very good and reputable lead companies out there. The key is finding the right one that seems to have a lead that fits in best with how you're trying to attack the market. You just have to do some trial-and-error until you find the right one. Good luck with your search!

Back