New AARP Medigap Stuff Indicates Possible Change

AARP is the largest and most cash flush medigap carrier on the street. My prediction is a position between N and F. In MO N is so much cheaper than F I rarely have a client stay on F, but get issued and then call and move to N at a much lower rates (MO annual GI cases). For example N at t65 is 122 and F is 180, that is a huge difference for what little difference there is. I'd see a G around 150-160. Too low and they take away plan N's flow and too close to F and it won't make sense.

I heard rumors that in FL Plan G would be in the mid $150s also. If that is the case, it will most likely be my new go to plan.

I heard rumors that in FL Plan G would be in the mid $150s also. If that is the case, it will most likely be my new go to plan.

It's still kind of vague. Which part of Fl? In polk county a T65 plan F is $172 I think.
Plan G could be in the "mid 150's" and that could mean $156. $16 less per month. $192/year savings.

It's still kind of vague. Which part of Fl? In polk county a T65 plan F is $172 I think.
Plan G could be in the "mid 150's" and that could mean $156. $16 less per month. $192/year savings.

I was referring to "Area 3" Lake, polk counties etc.. Area 3 is $175 for a plan F

But yes, its still vague, and all still rumors and speculation. ..

•AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance is launching Plan G, which has been added to the compensation schedule and will be available in many states as of July 1, 2017. You will receive separate communications informing you when Plan G is available in your state(s).

Commissions for Plan G are slightly lower than Plan F, $16 a year in Florida and the other states with the same commission schedule (about 20 of them)...

Plan F: $242
Plan G: $226

With the addition of plan G AARP/UHC med supps will be pretty much bullet proof as far as agents replacing it with another carrier- and remember current aarp/uhc policy holders will be able to switch to plan G without underwriting and still maintain original entry age band premium.In fact in Florida the only reason a consumer who is given the honest facts wouldn't go with AARP/UHC ( or maybe BCBS) is because they hate AARP but in my experience even consumers who say they hate AARP love saving money more than they hate AARP.

Back