• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

new agent comm?

Someone posted be sure to get 120% for comm levels,, Is that a number I should seek in all carriers across the board, with an fmo, etc,,, ? I need to find a home for telesales and dont want any upfront money from the carriers,, ever,,
This forum is invaluable. You will be surprised how much you will grow just from reading past and present posts from these guys/gals who are more seasoned.

You may want to reconsider not accepting advanced commissions from carriers. Until I interacted with some of these guys, I felt the same way. Just pay me as the client makes their payment. What I was really telling myself is that I was afraid of chargebacks.

What I've learned from being on the forum, if nothing else, is a different perspective. First, writing solid business minimizes the potential for chargebacks. Second, it's not a bad idea to set aside a portion of your advance commission for the unexpected. Third, consider an advance like you would an interest-free loan and invest some of it back into your business to grow it. Fourth, the more I prospect for new business, the lesser the impact is from the occasional charge back.

Reading how some of these guys earned so little pay back in their early days really put things into perspective for me. If they can make it on as little as 4-50% payouts and what little else they had to work with, certainly the new agent can succeed with higher payouts, technological advances enabling email and voice signature apps, various sources of leads that eliminate the need for cold-calling, etc.

Listening to their stories makes me ashamed to complain.

This forum is invaluable. You will be surprised how much you will grow just from reading past and present posts from these guys/gals who are more seasoned.

You may want to reconsider not accepting advanced commissions from carriers. Until I interacted with some of these guys, I felt the same way. Just pay me as the client makes their payment. What I was really telling myself is that I was afraid of chargebacks.

What I've learned from being on the forum, if nothing else, is a different perspective. First, writing solid business minimizes the potential for chargebacks. Second, it's not a bad idea to set aside a portion of your advance commission for the unexpected. Third, consider an advance like you would an interest-free loan and invest some of it back into your business to grow it. Fourth, the more I prospect for new business, the lesser the impact is from the occasional charge back.

Reading how some of these guys earned so little pay back in their early days really put things into perspective for me. If they can make it on as little as 4-50% payouts and what little else they had to work with, certainly the new agent can succeed with higher payouts, technological advances enabling email and voice signature apps, various sources of leads that eliminate the need for cold-calling, etc.

Listening to their stories makes me ashamed to complain.
It is SO much easier today than it was 15 years ago. We were lone wolf’s out there figuring everything out for ourselves. There were no quoting tools like FexQuotes. There were no underwriting cheat sheets or even anyone that understood the underwriting on multiple companies. There was no FexContracting where you could easily compare your commission levels. There was no GI product that agents could write at all. No one gave 1st day full coverage for insulin diabetes. No one took COPD level. There were no social security draft dates. No GPS to find addresses. Auto bank draft was new and half the people gave you resistance to it.

Kids these days who fail out just aren’t trying.

It is SO much easier today than it was 15 years ago. We were lone wolf’s out there figuring everything out for ourselves. There were no quoting tools like FexQuotes. There were no underwriting cheat sheets or even anyone that understood the underwriting on multiple companies. There was no FexContracting where you could easily compare your commission levels. There was no GI product that agents could write at all. No one gave 1st day full coverage for insulin diabetes. No one took COPD level. There were no social security draft dates. No GPS to find addresses. Auto bank draft was new and half the people gave you resistance to it.

Kids these days who fail out just aren’t trying.
All that is fact except it seems a lot of it was father back than 15 years.

Back