New Agent - Need Advice

My advice to you buddy is that whatever you are making at Lincoln Heritage (LH), you can just about double that number to determine what you could make as an independent agent.

You are paying for expensive, resold leads and you will have lots of policies replaced due to high prices. You get dinged on commission for things like blood thinners and COPD (which can be covered level at 100%+ commission and a much better rate for your client). Your advance gets capped per household (I believe it's $800), and you get reduced commission on savings accounts.

If you can make money at Lincoln, you can make it in this business for sure. Go and get paid what you're worth. There are lots of folks on here that have probably already reached out. I'd entertain what they have to say.

Best of luck going forward!

My advice to you buddy is that whatever you are making at Lincoln Heritage (LH), you can just about double that number to determine what you could make as an independent agent.

You are paying for expensive, resold leads and you will have lots of policies replaced due to high prices. You get dinged on commission for things like blood thinners and COPD (which can be covered level at 100%+ commission and a much better rate for your client). Your advance gets capped per household (I believe it's $800), and you get reduced commission on savings accounts.

If you can make money at Lincoln, you can make it in this business for sure. Go and get paid what you're worth. There are lots of folks on here that have probably already reached out. I'd entertain what they have to say.

Best of luck going forward!

Thanks, I guess my only two questions about going independent are, do you get advances when going independent, or is it as earned ?

The only upside it seems to LH is the lead financing, for people that dont have much upfront ...

You get advanced. You have to the choice to go on as earned but not many do that.

The lead financing is attractive with Lincoln, but it’s a Venus fly trap. I have seen several agents get vectored for lead debt (which they aren’t allowed to do, but often get away with), and they don’t know how to fight it and end up getting out of the business.

The more questions you ask, the less upside you will see.

There are some good ones here on the forum. Josh (@HoosierLife on the forum) has introduced himself. I myself do not recruit, and I am an independent agent and I have been very happy as an agent with The Insurance Squad which is owner/managed by Matt Mungia (@SPUR CITY on the forum). I also think highly of @Jose Arteaga whose is a partner in the CFC Agency.

My advice is talk to all three and then talk to an agent or two who is currently contracted with them. Then base your decision on the feedback you got from the agents and the degree to which you feel your personality and that of the upline manager would work well together.
Some other forum members to talk to are @Todd King , Ben Boman (@bboman23 ), Doug Massi (@Agentguy5 ), and David Duford (@Rearden ). Doug Massi and David Duford both have awesome YouTube channels with loads of excellent training videos.
Final Expense Trainer
David Duford

You get advanced. You have to the choice to go on as earned but not many do that.

The lead financing is attractive with Lincoln, but it’s a Venus fly trap. I have seen several agents get vectored for lead debt (which they aren’t allowed to do, but often get away with), and they don’t know how to fight it and end up getting out of the business.

The more questions you ask, the less upside you will see.

Hm then Ill keep asking questions, I probably shouldnt lead finance at all then, or just buy my own leads for now ? I just hit the ground so I want to get a few more weeks of real time experience before I make a change . I recognized very quickly (being very conservative with finances) that this model didnt seem too good ...

Also, what upside is there to Lincoln Heritage being a well known advertised name vs. a smaller lesser known company ?

Some other forum members to talk to are @Todd King , Ben Boman (@bboman23 ), Doug Massi (@Agentguy5 ), and David Duford (@Rearden ). Doug Massi and David Duford both have awesome YouTube channels with loads of excellent training videos.
Final Expense Trainer
David Duford

Indeed, and I would also add Chris Smith @Baseball7 on the forum. I decided recently only to recommend folks who I feel I know. I highly recommend Massi’s and Duford’s training videos. But I myself do not have any first-hand experience with either as an upline, nor do I know any of their agents personally… At least none of the agents I know personally have told me that they are under either one of those gentlemen. However, I feel very comfortable recommending someone talk to Matt, Jose, or Chris.

The fact that Matt Mungia, David Duford, and Douglas Massi are all part of the @360 organization does seem to me to speak highly of the organization as a whole.

Indeed, and I would also add Chris Smith @Baseball7 on the forum. I decided recently only to recommend folks who I feel I know. I highly recommend Massi’s and Duford’s training videos. But I myself do not have any first-hand experience with either as an upline, nor do I know any of their agents personally… At least none of the agents I know personally have told me that they are under either one of those gentlemen. However, I feel very comfortable recommending someone talk to Matt, Jose, or Chris.

The fact that Matt Mungia, David Duford, and Douglas Massi are all part of the @360 organization does seem to me to speak highly of the organization as a whole.

Thanks ive been txt with Chris

Hm then Ill keep asking questions, I probably shouldnt lead finance at all then, or just buy my own leads for now ? I just hit the ground so I want to get a few more weeks of real time experience before I make a change . I recognized very quickly (being very conservative with finances) that this model didnt seem too good ...

Also, what upside is there to Lincoln Heritage being a well known advertised name vs. a smaller lesser known company ?

Lincoln is certainly good at marketing and they make A TON of money reselling leads. For them it’s a great deal!

There are a lot of big companies that allow independent agents. Lincoln may just be the most visible.

Lincoln is certainly good at marketing and they make A TON of money reselling leads. For them it’s a great deal!

There are a lot of big companies that allow independent agents. Lincoln may just be the most visible.

So I probably shouldnt even buy LH leads even if I stay with them a little longer ?

What I meant was when selling FE in the field to leads, does using the well known LH name make a difference ?

Back