New Captive Agent

It's 25% and most if the people I come across aren't shoppers.
If I sell LTC and life, then they don't care if I mess with P&C at all, as long as I have the following: app count, premium, volume(ish), and new membership.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I like selling, I just hate that I am learning from trial and error. (My branch manager is busy so she can't help all that much- which is fine, I didn't have help before anyway lol)

I want to learn who to sell it to, how to sell it, and how to maximize care for the client and credit for myself (without compromising what's best for the customer)

Last edited:
If I sell LTC and life, then they don't care if I mess with P&C at all, as long as I have the following: app count, premium, volume(ish), and new membership.
I like selling, I just hate that I am learning from trial and error. (My branch manager is busy so she can't help all that much- which is fine, I didn't have help before anyway lol)

I want to learn who to sell it to, how to sell it, and how to maximize care for the client and credit for myself (without compromising what's best for the customer)

I don't get this. The whole point of P&C is renewals. Life and LTCi renewals aren't all that hot in comparison.

I would sit down with their commission schedule and see what they are rewarding me to sell. What gets me paid the most and keeps management off my back. If that is something you want to sell, you are in the right spot. If it isn't, then it might be time to look elsewhere.

If you go against the grain, it tends to be an unhappy experience.

Now if the money and reward with them is in selling life and LTCi, I take it all back. Go knock'em dead. But there are captives that pay a lot better than 25% on LTCi too. Are you getting something to make up the difference?

I don't get this. The whole point of P&C is renewals. Life and LTCi renewals aren't all that hot in comparison.

I would sit down with their commission schedule and see what they are rewarding me to sell. What gets me paid the most and keeps management off my back. If that is something you want to sell, you are in the right spot. If it isn't, then it might be time to look elsewhere.

Now if the money and reward with them is in selling life and LTCi, I take it all back. Go knock'em dead. But there are captives that pay a lot better than 25% on LTCi too. Are you getting something to make up the difference?

the renewals on ltci are awesome because the persistency is near 100%.

the renewals on p&c may be higher % wise but not persistency wise.

Take the CLTC course ASAP, especially if Harley Gordon is the presenter. All of your questions will be answered.

Last edited:

Training, support, A book of business w/ about 200 people to review and resell, Crazy bonuses, lots of incentives, a fun environment, great management, trips, and they cover 75% of all advertising expenses, provide us with marketing tools, ect ect.

Its a pretty good deal from where Im sitting. I would rather not be starting out right now as an "Independent agent" and starve for the 1st 3 years.

(NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE)

Its just not for me. I love the company, but life is 48% plus bonuses.

Training, support, A book of business w/ about 200 people to review and resell, Crazy bonuses, lots of incentives, a fun environment, great management, trips, and they cover 75% of all advertising expenses, provide us with marketing tools, ect ect.

Its a pretty good deal from where Im sitting. I would rather not be starting out right now as an "Independent agent" and starve for the 1st 3 years.

(NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE)

Its just not for me. I love the company, but life is 48% plus bonuses.

I'm not saying not to be captive. I'm saying don't swim against the current. Find what is going to be the most profitable line at the captive and focus on that.

Back