New & Have an Important Life Agent Question

lissette09

Im completing my 52 hours so far ..I'm yet very new and need alot to understand about insurance ..I thought it would be a good idea to come here and ask professionals on a concern I have.

I used to work for a car insurance agency/broker...he had his own office and was offering car insurance from multiple insurance agencies he had a computer software that gave him a quote from *ALL * the companies he worked for then he would offer the least expensive to the client..

My question is: Can an Life Agent do they same ?
Would I be able to work as an agent for mulitple companies to offer the least expensive to my clients ..

Is that workimng as an independent agent.. or captive .. or based on commision..?

When you work for a company such as State Farm, Allstate, Metlife.. What are you considered?

**Again I'm sorry if my question sounds silly but I'm new and in the process of learning ..Thank You

term4sale.com will have many companies and products. But not all. Depends on who and what you are selling.

It is all commission.

What prompted you to go for your life license?

Im completing my 52 hours so far ..I'm yet very new and need alot to understand about insurance ..I thought it would be a good idea to come here and ask professionals on a concern I have.

I used to work for a car insurance agency/broker...he had his own office and was offering car insurance from multiple insurance agencies he had a computer software that gave him a quote from *ALL * the companies he worked for then he would offer the least expensive to the client..

My question is: Can an Life Agent do they same ?
Would I be able to work as an agent for mulitple companies to offer the least expensive to my clients ..

Is that workimng as an independent agent.. or captive .. or based on commision..?

When you work for a company such as State Farm, Allstate, Metlife.. What are you considered?

**Again I'm sorry if my question sounds silly but I'm new and in the process of learning ..Thank You

Im just about to turn 18 .. but when I was 14 my parents signed up with a multi-level company where I learned about life insurance, Real Estate, Financial services and had a really nice lady teaching me everything she knew I even took the 52 hr course at that age just to gain the knowledge I have been waiting for my birthday and finally pursing my life licence. I know I'm young but I'm very determained & know what I want I have some experience in financial services already

Last edited:
Primerica?

Im just about to turn 18 .. but when I was 14 my parents signed up with a multi-level company where I learned about life insurance, Real Estate, Financial services and had a really nice lady teaching me everything she knew I even took the 52 hr course at that age just to gain the knowledge I have been waiting for my birthday and finally pursing my life licence

No. Not Primerica..however it is very similar based on the fact that the CEO used to be in Primerica then created "WLG" World Leadership Group with Hubert Humphrey - Then changed there name to "Whooosh" and last heard sold out to Verizon Wireless..

- I do like Primerica, but I'm not a fan of overrides or recruiting

No. Not Primerica..however it is very similar based on the fact that the CEO used to be in Primerica then created "WLG" World Leadership Group with Hubert Humphrey - Then changed there name to "Whooosh" and last heard sold out to Verizon Wireless..

There are several AL Williams / Primerica spin offs. I have a contract with HBW.
->> I do like Primerica, but I'm not a fan of overrides or recruiting

Not to start a Primerica thread. However, Primerica ~is~ recruiting and overrides. What else did you like about them.

I do like their track record and I have met excellent associates who are very motivating and friendly. I like there products .. but I'm don't have the personality of recruiting

Also, you sound like a sharp young women. Are your parents still in the business?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you liked their life products. Wait till you get a look at what else is out there.

Good luck, I am in CA also, if I can be of help let me know. Not recruiting.

I do like their track record and I have met excellent associates who are very motivating and friendly. I like there products .. but I'm don't have the personality of recruiting

Last edited:
Thank you. No my parents only signed up because WLG was offering "equity share credits" ... but that never went through ...
Also, you sound like a sharp young women. Are your parents still in the business?
If you liked their life products. Wait till you get a look at what else is out there.

Good luck, I am in CA also, if I can be of help let me know. Not recruiting.

***How are you working .. if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
Back