New in Life Insurance

newbie77

I'm making a career change, have been licensed for 2 yrs but have not had the time to do much with it. Looking for a captive position since I need the group health insurance and am torn between AGLA and a MGA tied to One America. Any thoughts or better companies I should check out? Thank you for your help.
Newbie77

I'm making a career change, have been licensed for 2 yrs but have not had the time to do much with it. Looking for a captive position since I need the group health insurance and am torn between AGLA and a MGA tied to One America. Any thoughts or better companies I should check out? Thank you for your help.
Newbie77

How about Transamerica, Metlife, or Western Southern?

I've now spoken to AGLA, Transamerica and a One America general agency and all offer a very promising career with health benefits( I must have). Are there any newbies out there with any of these companies (less than one year) that could tell me if they still believe they made the right decision?

Or any other thoughts from an experienced agent? Thank you for your time.
Sincerely, newbie77

If your only reason to enter this business is to get health insurance on yourself.. are you sure this is where you want to be? All of these carriers have great expectations from you for that health insurance they provide. As quickly as you get insurance, they can let you go if you don't produce. Is there a reason you can't purchase a policy on yourself and get paid commissions on your business?

Not trying to be mean, just trying to be honest. This is an incredibly hard business to be just for the benefits. Is there a reason you want to be in insurance sales?

I live in Georgia. I currently have health insurance in my current career but feel I can't be full time in one career and be part time in life insurance so if I make the career change, I'm all in. I cannot get private insurance because of a pre existing condition so I'm between a rock and a hard place and the only options seem to be as a captive agent.

I don't expect the transition to be easy and have been doing my research for several months. I do appreciate the candidness in your words, best to be real with your experiences. Newbie77

I would be interested in speaking with you if all possible. My contact number is 229-516-7407 maybe I can have some helpful input on helping.

I live in Georgia. I currently have health insurance in my current career but feel I can't be full time in one career and be part time in life insurance so if I make the career change, I'm all in. I cannot get private insurance because of a pre existing condition so I'm between a rock and a hard place and the only options seem to be as a captive agent.

I don't expect the transition to be easy and have been doing my research for several months. I do appreciate the candidness in your words, best to be real with your experiences. Newbie77

Don't worry about those pre-existing conditions...Obama's gonna take care of you!:skeptical:

Back