New Medicare #

They will have the new Medicare numbers and letters, my wife received hers yesterday. Also did a dummy app with my company and works fine.

I’m not quite sure what you’re saying here. I first did the app with her SS# and I was able to complete the humana e-app and send it to her to confirm it. Before she confirmed it, she called me back to tell me she now had her new Medicare number. I went back into the e-app and updated it. She then confirmed the e-app. It’s all done.

What I was responding to is if a client doesn’t have a medicare card yet, what are you entering in as their Medicare #? I’m still putting their SS. It’s been fine so far

I’m not quite sure what you’re saying here. I first did the app with her SS# and I was able to complete the humana e-app and send it to her to confirm it. Before she confirmed it, she called me back to tell me she now had her new Medicare number. I went back into the e-app and updated it. She then confirmed the e-app. It’s all done.

What I was responding to is if a client doesn’t have a medicare card yet, what are you entering in as their Medicare #? I’m still putting their SS. It’s been fine so far

I do not write an app until I see the first letter they receive with Medicare number or card. I got stung about 15 years ago taking the clients word on the letter and it took around 3 months to get it straight with the company.

And I don't use paper apps. I think have written maybe 5 apps on paper the last 7 years. If they don't do bank draft or CC, at least for the initial draft, I don't write the app.
I am right there with you on this. I have some annual payers that don't do bank draft. I think paper apps just slow up the process for everyone because they have to be manually entered anyway. I have made the suggestion to quite a few carriers that they pay lower commissions on paper apps.

I am right there with you on this. I have some annual payers that don't do bank draft. I think paper apps just slow up the process for everyone because they have to be manually entered anyway. I have made the suggestion to quite a few carriers that they pay lower commissions on paper apps.
A lot of companies have promotions going where they pay an extra $50 an app if you use their e-app, so in a way they're already paying less for the paper apps. They must have listened to you. :yes:

I do not write an app until I see the first letter they receive with Medicare number or card. I got stung about 15 years ago taking the clients word on the letter and it took around 3 months to get it straight with the company.

What company was that with? I’ve had incorrect Medicare numbers in the past and it was a quick fix.

I too got stung many years ago. Took the clients word. He comes into my office mad because the med supp didn’t pay the physicians charges for a surgery. After digging, he only had Part A of Medicare. Now I only write the med supp after seeing the award letter, or, Medicare ID card.

Back