New member in Ohio

wookie

Hello all,

I wish I had known about this forum a couple of years ago!

I'm a United American refugee. In fact, I took a stab at them in my very first post (I couldn't resist). However, in fairness, I received good direction from them as far as telemarketing and b2b.

I obtained my Ohio L&H license in 2005. I did the typical 6 month gig with UA and got out of the business. I would have probably let my license expire this year if I hadn't found this web site.

I always wanted to be independent, I just had no clue, no mentor and no friends in the business. But recently, I contacted Assurant, GR, and Anthem BC. My Assurant contract should be active within the next day or two! I'll plan to add Aetna and a couple of life carriers as well.

I have a technical background, I've built commercial web sites and still have a couple that I maintain. I'm sure I'll build at least one more, for me. Before that, I spent 15 years in corporate America at AT&T. (I had a company car, cell phone, laptop, excellent benefit package,,, made more money than I ever thought possible for myself - and I was miserable.)

I plan to be telemarketing for the foreseeable future. I have a headset, a power dialer program and a good database. As soon as I get a contract, I'll be dialing. (I'm familiar with Assurant, GR and Anthem products, at least, good enough to start telemarketing for leads.)

I'll be back to brag about my first independent sale.

Welcome! No problem. I'll trade you some of my experience for some technical help. I'll have a website up and running soon, but I know nothing about making changes to it, search engine optimization and all of that kind of stuff.

Southwest, between Dayton and Cinci. But don't tell Chumps.

Sounds like your in Middletown. Chumps and I have a mutual friend in Waynesville.

I was born in Cincy and lived in Wilimington and Milford and worked also worked in Centerville and Dayton. I now live in Northern Kentucky.

"mutual friend in Waynesville"

I miss having him around. One of our kids was born the day after one of his. And oddly, another guy in the office had a child the next day. Three births in three days, and there were only about 12 of us in this particular office.

"mutual friend in Waynesville"

I miss having him around. One of our kids was born the day after one of his. And oddly, another guy in the office had a child the next day. Three births in three days, and there were only about 12 of us in this particular office.

That must have been one wild office party.

Back