Newspaper Ads Via a Wholesaler

supersupps

Guru
In FL. lots of us advertise for p and c.. etc.. does anyone know a wholesaler, etc that gives better rates than the rates you can get by going direct with a particular paper?

Newpaper ads do not seem to do very well from my experience. They are cheap but the responses are minimal. If you do give them a try, use a small local newspaper instead of a major newspaper who will not only charge more but you will be stuffed in there with major merchant ads lowering your visibility.

I have to agree with the last two posters. I recently ran an ad in three different local papers on a staggerd basis (20K circulation each) and received one phone call from someone who had just lost her job.

Can't agree with that statement...it's in the message...send a bland message...expect bland results...send a properly created message that touches their pain and they will respond.

As for the original question...I've only ever heard that nationally syndicated papers will give some marketing groups a better rate...then they pass that along to their clients.

Can't agree with that statement...it's in the message...send a bland message...expect bland results...send a properly created message that touches their pain and they will respond.

As for the original question...I've only ever heard that nationally syndicated papers will give some marketing groups a better rate...then they pass that along to their clients.

Could you share some samples of your ads?

Go to the library. Pick out some local papers and target publications. Look for the same ad repeating over a 12 month period.

When you see the ad once or twice and never again you can guess it did not work.

If you see the same folks advertising week after week they are either rich and stupid or the ad is working.

Back