No Solicitations

"The sign? Oh, sorry for the confusion..I'm not here to sell anything..I'm a local business owner and have never met anyone in leadership at your organization. I'm here to get 15 minutes on so and so's calendar..do you schedule his appointments or does he do this himself? Could you see if he has a moment to greet me?"

Or you could say: "Ohh...sorry, I thought it said 'No Smoking'". Then continue with the pitch but toned down a little more.

I've notice that sales people are the hardest on other sales people.

I hear things like, I'm in sales and I know your game or your pitch. LOL

"Ohh...sorry, I thought it said 'No Smoking'"...as I light up a ciggy..."Do me a favor dollface..get so and so on the line for me" ..I take a drag..."Thanks babypop" I say as I lean on her desk.

I take off my fedora and exhale into a passerby...my eyes scan a long legged secretary through the glass doors..."nice place...dont get up, I'll show myself around."

Then continue the pitch.

oh yeah..and get a card..call back later.

I love these signs on retail stores :)
Walk in, grab a few things, start to check out and then apologize for not being able to buy them. When they ask why, tell them that its their policy not to allow soliciting and you don't want to violate their policy. When they say, oh, thats okay, its your cue to go into your pitch.

Dan

There are two types of no solicitation signs:

1. The usual small black and white rectangle. The landlord probably put those on most of the buildings that are leased before the tenant ever moved in. I ignore them, maybe 1 in 100 say something.

2. The sign in big letters (sometimes hand drawn) taped to the door saying "ABSOLUTELY No Soliciting". Those are more rare, I still walk in and diffuse the situation right away. First person I see, "I saw the no soliciting sign on the door and want to be respectful of it. I work with _______ and I simply wanted to find out who would be the right person to speak with to set-up a time to stop back and introduce myself?" Never had an issue with it.

Badda bing -- that's all you need to know to get past the mental hoop of "No Soliciting" signs...

There are two types of no solicitation signs:

1. The usual small black and white rectangle. The landlord probably put those on most of the buildings that are leased before the tenant ever moved in. I ignore them, maybe 1 in 100 say something.

2. The sign in big letters (sometimes hand drawn) taped to the door saying "ABSOLUTELY No Soliciting". Those are more rare, I still walk in and diffuse the situation right away. First person I see, "I saw the no soliciting sign on the door and want to be respectful of it. I work with _______ and I simply wanted to find out who would be the right person to speak with to set-up a time to stop back and introduce myself?" Never had an issue with it.

Back