ObamaCare Application: New and Not Improved

Didn't quote you Tim, my comment was more of a generalized opinion.

Thanks, brother. I think this entire debacle is getting the better of ourselves...the lining up of posts made it unclear. Sorry if it appeared to be a dust up.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tim, I'm 100% behind you, and assume most other brokers are as well. Some will get credentialed regardless, but I assume most of us want to make sure there is a future before dedicating time and money to it.

Time to sit back and see what gets released.

It also boils down to how much it will cost and if it is done similar to AHIP. AHIP is supposed to take a certain amount of time, but for most of us, it is a fraction of that time because we can roll through most of it pretty quickly and pass easily. If it will actually take as long as they say, and is outrageous, I will sit and wait. If it is only a couple of plan sales, it might be worth getting certified just to be ready.

Sit and wait, sit and wait.

Last edited:
I expect comp to be released late. There could be a few early releases, but they are irrelevant. For instance, when MLR cut our comp, Aetna and a couple of others jumped the gun, released unreasonable commission schedules, then retracted (wisely).

When it comes down to the nuts and bolts, it will be the Blues that set the standard. Other carriers follow their lead and/or position to beat them. But it doesn't matter much to the Blues. The Blues are "like a tree planted by the water, I shall not be moved." When they communicate rates, products, comp, bonuses, etc., they rarely change it. That is because they do their research first, set their course, and stay the course. It is also because they know they will get market share, and they will remain standing in GI states even when other insurers leave the market. And, they know their competitors will set rates and comp to try to beat them. So, they just stay the course and don't waver.

The head of the sales dept of BCBS of AZ told me to expect more information in August regarding products, rates and comp. Based on their timing of prior releases, I wouldn't doubt that time frame.

As for other insurers, I expect September (even very late September) as a target release date. I would also expect some adjustments to their comp depending on their competitors' products, networks, rates, and commission schedules.

For someone that will only touch this for the right comm %, I;d like to know now.. or else its back to getting free dentures for my medi/medi's.

Back