ObamaCare Application: New and Not Improved

I'd wager comp is released prior to Sept so brokers have some incentive to actually attend licensing (which we already know is planned for Sept) and get into the marketplace.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see this stuff get released at 11:59pm on the last day possible, or being extended past deadline like has happened with so much already.

I do hope comp is released prior to training registration. I would hate to sign up for (and pay for) training if comps are crap.

Timing of the HHS training has nothing to do with comp release from the carriers. Carriers will hold out until the first one shows their cards, then others will follow. I expect them after rates approved by HHS sometime in late summer

I envision many different scenarios for compensation. I can see small carriers jumping in early and paying decent comp to attract producers.

I can also see the Blues (or someone large) jumping in early to set the market.

I can also see UHC jumping in early to try to force the Blues hand.

Also, I see course correction happening quickly if carriers see that they aren't getting the business they predicted they would before releasing comp numbers. Large bonuses will be out there come Nov. and Dec. with the carriers who are falling behind in their sales.

Timing of the HHS training has nothing to do with comp release from the carriers. Carriers will hold out until the first one shows their cards, then others will follow. I expect them after rates approved by HHS sometime in late summer

Never claimed otherwise. I am only saying that I don't want to spend time and money getting trained on exchanges to later find out that carriers are paying $100PM or 2.5%.

Tim, I'm 100% behind you, and assume most other brokers are as well. Some will get credentialed regardless, but I assume most of us want to make sure there is a future before dedicating time and money to it.

Time to sit back and see what gets released.

I can also see UHC jumping in early to try to force the Blues hand.
Not for those States where UHC has decided not to be in (Florida being one).

Back