Obama's Speech

Yes, Jefferson is ours too. Thanks for the reminder.

"A freezer in every home, a million in every freezer." -Huey P. Long

I thought the fur coat analogy was quite on point.

I only spent $50,000, but I got it on SALE, so I really SAVED $100,000!

I think that's the kind of math Obama is using when he talks about cutting the deficit in half.

Pretty much like my wife buying a fur coat for $50,000 and telling me she is going to start some spending cuts to make up for it.

The 'Play along at home' version of political spending....
Your wife went to the store to buy a pair of jeans. The fur coat was on sale from $75,000 to $50,000. She bought the jeans and the coat.

At dinner, she told you that she managed to cut the family budget by $25,000 by buying a pair of jeans.

And that is exactly how we spent $800Billion to provide 3Million jobs. That's a bargain. A $40K a year job for $2.6M each. Of course, some will need a raise in a year or 2.

Dan

The 'Play along at home' version of political spending....
Your wife went to the store to buy a pair of jeans. The fur coat was on sale from $75,000 to $50,000. She bought the jeans and the coat.

At dinner, she told you that she managed to cut the family budget by $25,000 by buying a pair of jeans.

And that is exactly how we spent $800Billion to provide 3Million jobs. That's a bargain. A $40K a year job for $2.6M each. Of course, some will need a raise in a year or 2.

Dan

Actually 266,000 per job still a lot though

You know, I think I'd have a lot more confidence in Obamaspeak if he would specifically address issues like Octomom. Where egg-zactly does she fit into the grander scheme of things???

Its ironic to see republicans talk on TV about the cost of the stimulus while we spend 10 billion dollars a month in Iraq.

So you tell us why we are still in Iraq. The Dem's took over congress two years ago on a get out of there now campaign and Obama has been President for over a month what are they waiting for?

Who's this obama? Why is it occupying the residence where so many other great leaders once dwelled?
That is all ...

Did anyone watch Obama's Speech last night and what did you think about it?

The words "Health Care Reform" came up a lot last night. He also said it was one of the things on top of his list.

What do you think about his speech and do you think something in health care is going to change in the next 4 years?

Actually 266,000 per job still a lot though

Only if you count the jobs 'saved'. You should only count the jobs created, since it's the only measurable thing.

I figure that is one out of 10, putting it back at 2.6M per job

Dan

P.S. This post is just a smokescreen to cover my bad math. I have no idea how many jobs this bill actually creates vs how many it saves, much less how you would ever measure this.

Latest posts

Back