"One Call Close"

The ABC's of selling say to 'assume the sale' at the beginning. Overcome up to three objections and then let them go. Your job at the begining is to determine if they are 'ready, willing, and able' to make a decision today.

The ABC's of selling say to 'assume the sale' at the beginning. Overcome up to three objections and then let them go. Your job at the begining is to determine if they are 'ready, willing, and able' to make a decision today.

Got that right!

It is not logical not to close as soon as one feels that the prospect is ready. I work in the senior market and virtually all of my closes are a "one call close".

If they insist on "studying on it" then I give them my number and tell me to call me when they have finished "studying on it".

When the company they currently have has a rate increase, that is when I call them back. Not before.

To try to close before they are ready is like trying to teach a pig to sing, it is very frustrating and pisses off the pig.

If you don't at least attempt to close you're losing a lot of business....good solid business that will stick to the books. If you're not attempting to close then you really don't know how much you're losing and probably justify it with "let someone else get the lapse."

Not true.

I wrote another one today - lead in the same day. Family of 4 just got jacked to $1,100+ per month - had enough.

Talk to the husband - off to the Norvax site - did some comparisons - loved a specific plan and I said:

"I can take your application which will take about 15 minutes if you have the information."

He did, and the it's done. If he would have said "actually I want to look this over" I'd say "fine - look it over and give me a better time to give you a call back."

I do not slam people or attempt to overcome objections. But the goal in this business it to match the client with a solid plan and....oh....get paid too.

He, by the way, is saving $700 a month so I don't quite think he'll be a lapse. Other agents call? He already chose a plan - but thanks.

It's nice to write a deal "here and there" when you get to the point where clients call up after a few weeks and say "Ok, let's go." But I get all those clients too.

Ask for the deal.

Back