Online Insurance Quoter - Software Engineer Seeking Comments

Hey,
What platform are you developing on? Ruby/Rails, Lamp, or ASP?

If Ruby or Lamp - maybe I could help, I'm not too knowledgeable with ASP, though.

I've been playing around with building a quoting engine in Ruby, but haven't gotten very far, teaming up to build and share the code might be beneficial, only thing I'd ask in return is maybe a share in the profits if it's every profitable, but definitely free usage for the brokerage that I work for- the reason for me developing it in the first place.

drop me an email if interested patrickc at csi-411.com

Thanks,
Patrick

Hello,

I am currently developing a very modern online insurance quoting system, and I am looking for some opinions and suggestions.

I will need agents to trial the software on their web sites when its complete. I am already at several thousand lines of code and its a working quoter as it stands, but have a long way to go in terms of features and modules.

Please share your thoughts and any comments you might have:

1. Of all Insurance quoting systems which area would be most needed and wanted by insurance brokers? e.g. International Insurance, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, etc (all of the above).

2. What would be needed in the software to make it most effective? Is there something missing in the current available quoters you would like to see?

3. What is the largest pitfall with current online quoters? e.g Cost?, Limitations?, Data Management? Custom development fees, etc?

4. If you could describe the absolute ideal quoting system what would it consist of and what would it cost? Would a flat one time cost no monthly fees make more sense? If so, what would a fair price be (of course depends on the depth of the software).

Please elaborate what you would like to pay and all of the features you would expect in the software.

5. Please describe any ideas or thoughts you might have on this.

Thanks for thoughts.

Rich

Program guru i just joined by seeing your post, you cant send a private message unless you have 20 posts. Im with an insurance agency we are interested in recieving a comparative rater for commerical and personal, and providing the feature for customers to buy online on our website. In my profile you can send me an email if you'd like, im interested in your response if you can help ?

Back