• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Oxford Declined Question

ZenSamurai

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
New York
Oxford Life just declined a prospect of mine for some medication he is taking but everything else was okay on the app. Everything else on the app was marked "no". My only option was to send it it through underwriting and have underwriting "take a look at it". Is there another carrier anybody can suggest or should I send it through underwriting either way since all the questions on the app were scratched off as "no". I mean without that medication he would have been perfect. Any advice?

Last edited:
Oxford Life just declined a prospect of mine for some medication she is taking but everything else was okay on the app. Everything else on the app was marked "no". My only option was to send it it through underwriting and have underwriting "take a look at it". Is there another carrier anybody can suggest or should I send it through underwriting either way since all the questions on the app were scratched off as "no". I mean without that medication she would have been perfect. Any advice?

What is the medication? Some of the guys may be able to help but they need to know the medication as not all companies have the same knockout drugs.

Oxford Life just declined a prospect of mine for some medication she is taking but everything else was okay on the app. Everything else on the app was marked "no". My only option was to send it it through underwriting and have underwriting "take a look at it". Is there another carrier anybody can suggest or should I send it through underwriting either way since all the questions on the app were scratched off as "no". I mean without that medication she would have been perfect. Any advice?

5 Star before Feb 18. AmCon anytime. May be others depending on the med.

5 Star before Feb 18. AmCon anytime. May be others depending on the med.

The interviewer told me she couldn't tell me the medication and the prospect told me he didn't even take medication, so I am not certain what the medication was or what happened. I tried Mutual of Omaha and they denied the guy as well. At that point he said to come back another time since I couldn't help him.

How can somebody get contracted with AmCon? I can't find an IMO who has contracting with them.

The interviewer told me she couldn't tell me the medication and the prospect told me he didn't even take medication, so I am not certain what the medication was or what happened. I tried Mutual of Omaha and they denied the guy as well. At that point he said to come back another time since I couldn't help him.

How can somebody get contracted with AmCon? I can't find an IMO who has contracting with them.

He may have been prescribed some medication in the past for some off label reason. If however the client is telling the truth, there is info in the script check database that will haunt him until cleared up. I would have the client write the company and request the complete reason for declination in writing.

He may have been prescribed some medication in the past for some off label reason. If however the client is telling the truth, there is info in the script check database that will haunt him until cleared up. I would have the client write the company and request the complete reason for declination in writing.

I've left the house and the Interviewer mentioned that she would send a detailed letter to my prospect of the exact reason of her decline. I just didn't understand it. She had no issues with her and all the "no's" were marked off.

BTW I haven't contracted nor do I want to contract with 5 star due to all the issues everybody has been having.

One other question I have is, does it make sense to go through each carrier if one or two carriers declined my prospect? Is this something considered unprofessional or something or is it something a prospect would normally see as wanting to be helpful? Just trying to get a sense of their perspective. Thank you.

ACI's not in NJ, so you'll have to go with their sister company...Continental Life. Everything's the same.

----------

I've left the house and the Interviewer mentioned that she would send a detailed letter to my prospect of the exact reason of her decline. I just didn't understand it. She had no issues with her and all the "no's" were marked off.

BTW I haven't contracted nor do I want to contract with 5 star due to all the issues everybody has been having.

One other question I have is, does it make sense to go through each carrier if one or two carriers declined my prospect? Is this something considered unprofessional or something or is it something a prospect would normally see as wanting to be helpful? Just trying to get a sense of their perspective. Thank you.

Yes it makes sense to go through every carrier until you find one that fits. They all have different underwriting and knockout drugs. Some don't worry about drugs or height/weight. You're trying to find coverage for them...what's unprofessional about that? I think it makes you look more professional if you carry a mix that allows you to be able to cover every situation.

----------

Todd has ACI, so I'm sure he'll have Continental Life too.

http://www.trkingim.com/carriers/

ACI's not in NJ, so you'll have to go with their sister company...Continental Life. Everything's the same.

----------

Yes it makes sense to go through every carrier until you find one that fits. They all have different underwriting and knockout drugs. Some don't worry about drugs or height/weight. You're trying to find coverage for them...what's unprofessional about that? I think it makes you look more professional if you carry a mix that allows you to be able to cover every situation.

----------

[/B]

Todd has ACI, so I'm sure he'll have Continental Life too.

Alright, thanks, man. I appreciate the input.

Someone mentioned this on another thread.

You ALWAYS want to ask about nitros when applying for coverage through Oxford.

The reason is is that your client most likely was prescribed them if they had any past heart issues, and never took them, even though he will have to refill the script every year so as not to carry around expired medications.

And the client never remembers to mention them if you don't ask, either.

If the guy is motivated to get the coverage and willing to do something for it have him go to his doctor and get a copy of his medical records or at least provide what they show he has been prescribed the last 10 years. Answer may be there

Back