Oxford Life any thoughts

Allines

Super Genius
I used to use Oxford regularly but over time just grew out of their tedious processes.
Was wondering how are they doing now? Has the underwriting improved, their new biz appetite,
rates ok?

I used to use Oxford regularly but over time just grew out of their tedious processes.
Was wondering how are they doing now? Has the underwriting improved, their new biz appetite,
rates ok?

It has improved as far as PHI times. I've heard the UW is a bit better as well, but won't swear to that part of my statement.

We always wrote a fair amount of Oxford. But did have a lot of agents that hated their underwriting and interview.

But since the changes in the whole process a few months ago our numbers have way more than doubled with them. Nearly tripled. And that’s with no additional incentives or promotions other than saying “Hey guys they claim they improved everything. Give them a try and report back to the rest of us. “

The reports have come back very positive. Oxford has told us the last three months that we have been their #1 producing agency by a pretty large margin. But that’s just because the agents are making the choice to write it. Not anything that we did special for them.

Really? When was the last time you used them? What sucked?

Serious question. I was told they were 1000x better with this new Rx rules based uw

6 months ago, always a prob with phi, they still suck, i dont think they really wanna be in the fe field lol

I have never minded anything about them. I have never understood all the complaints. I am not a full time FE producer but I never minded them.

I have never minded anything about them. I have never understood all the complaints. I am not a full time FE producer but I never minded them.

I had maybe 100 or so clients with them. maybe 40-50 now. I have not written then in years and they finally cancelled me for non production a year or two back.

The PHI was painful. They were a raging pain in the ass after a policy was inforce. From rude, inept customer service people or snail slow claims paying. They were one of the companies that said 21 days from the time they have all paperwork in. I simply do not put up with that for my clients.

That said. The last few time we have called them it seemed very different. So as Todd and others have said things may be different now.

Back