Part D, Medicare, Drugs

well, I told him it was fine to enroll in a pdp with his group. I tried calling him to tell him to check with his company first, his wife said she thought he enrolled on the phone after I spoke with him!

Oh well now what??

He has till the 1st to cancel.

Its pretty well safe to consider thats its not a good idea for anyone to drop their group prescription drug coverage for any medicare part "D" drug plan. Unless its really going to save them a hell of a lot it would be stupid.:1arghh:

I spoke with him this morning, he has not enrolled yet. I told him to check with his group admin to see how this would affect his plan.

He said his group plan starting 01/01/2010 will not cover 4 of his medications, they will only cover generics in 2010.

So he now has the correct information, and it is in his court now.

Thank you all for your helpful advice, much appreciated!

goodluck in 2010

He said his group plan starting 01/01/2010 will not cover 4 of his medications, they will only cover generics in 2010.

???
Makes me wonder if the Rx coverage through the employer plan is considered "Creditable".
The Medicare Modernization Act (MMA) mandates that certain entities offering prescription drug coverage, including employer and union group health plan sponsors, disclose to all Medicare eligible individuals with prescription drug coverage under the plan whether such coverage is "creditable." This information is essential to an individual's decision whether to enroll in a Medicare Part D prescription drug plan.

Back