Part D Moving Questions

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
I should know this but haven't had many people move out-of-state over the years... The last person who moved did it during AEP so there were no questions.

My client is changing states from OH to SC.

When she moves, My assumption is that she will be required to change plans (even though she has aarp's saver plus here and will want aarp's saver plus down there).

Two things I'm not sure of.

1. Can UHC just simply "migrate" her over to SC's version? Or will we need to do a new app. I'm assuming a new app will be required - which I'll help her do on medicare dot gov.

2. Will there be a new deductible? I can see it two ways - in one sense she is starting a new plan and the deductible isn't calendar-year per se as it's a plan deductible, but in another sense - I'm not sure if the deductible is "kept track of" by Medicare...

Thanks in advance!

1) SEP-Mov new app

2) Deductible will carry to new plan. Medicare only keeps track of the $2950 Initial Coverage Limit, and, the $4700 Catastrophic limit

Don't assume AARP Saver Plus will be ok in the new state. Run a Medicare Plan Finder for the new zip code.

I should know this but haven't had many people move out-of-state over the years... The last person who moved did it during AEP so there were no questions. My client is changing states from OH to SC. When she moves, My assumption is that she will be required to change plans (even though she has aarp's saver plus here and will want aarp's saver plus down there). Two things I'm not sure of. 1. Can UHC just simply "migrate" her over to SC's version? Or will we need to do a new app. I'm assuming a new app will be required - which I'll help her do on medicare dot gov. 2. Will there be a new deductible? I can see it two ways - in one sense she is starting a new plan and the deductible isn't calendar-year per se as it's a plan deductible, but in another sense - I'm not sure if the deductible is "kept track of" by Medicare... Thanks in advance!
If she wants to stay on the same plan and it's offered there, and it sounds like it is, she can call the member services number on the back of her card to notify them of her address change and they will switch her to that plan in her new state. It will be treated like a new enrollment, but they can handle that internally.

I should know this but haven't had many people move out-of-state over the years... The last person who moved did it during AEP so there were no questions.

My client is changing states from OH to SC.

When she moves, My assumption is that she will be required to change plans (even though she has aarp's saver plus here and will want aarp's saver plus down there).

Two things I'm not sure of.

1. Can UHC just simply "migrate" her over to SC's version? Or will we need to do a new app. I'm assuming a new app will be required - which I'll help her do on medicare dot gov.

2. Will there be a new deductible? I can see it two ways - in one sense she is starting a new plan and the deductible isn't calendar-year per se as it's a plan deductible, but in another sense - I'm not sure if the deductible is "kept track of" by Medicare...

Thanks in advance!

More than likely she's going to need to do a new application.

Just for comparison I'll use Humana info. Their Enhanced PDP for both Indiana and Kentucky is S5884-073. A person moving from one state to the other shouldn't have to complete a new app. In Ohio that Enhanced PDP is S5884-072 so at the very least a person going from KY to OH would need to do an abbreviated form.

Back