• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Password Storage

0b1kanobee

Guru
1000 Post Club
I'm looking for a recommendation for password storage. I would really like one I can put on my iPhone. I see them in the App Store but I have no idea which one to pick. Some are pricey compared to others. I'd also be interested in one that didn't use my iPhone.

Right now I have everything written down on paper and I'm concerned about the paper winding up in the wrong hands. :swoon:

I keep all my passwords in a protected excel file. Safe and all I have to do is download it to my phone if I want it with me all the time.

I keep a list of passwords, but my list is encrypted so even if someone found it, it wouldn't do them any good.

So, if you had my list, you would see something like:
Bank: STN
Credit Card: SUN
etc...
Now, STN and SUN have NOTHING to do with what the password is, but it reminds me what the password is. For instance, SUN is a password that had to do with something when I worked at Sun Microsystems. No, it wasn't my password when I worked there either.

Dan

Some Carriers in an attempt to make people more secure are driving me nuts. You have to change your password every 90 days and you can never reuse an old password....Its driven me to have to keep a list just so I can keep up.

I recommend 1password. One time fee.
I works on multiple platforms, but does not work on firefox.

I have to admit, something about saving my passwords to some random site online doesn't make me feel very safe. I know its just straight paranoia, but you can't tell if these sites are legit or not half the time....

Dan

Some Carriers in an attempt to make people more secure are driving me nuts. You have to change your password every 90 days and you can never reuse an old password....Its driven me to have to keep a list just so I can keep up.

That's one BIG reason. I'm looking into DataVault for my iPhone. Seems to be my favorite so far from what I can tell. I don't want to carry a piece of paper around with me anymore. A few weeks ago I was out of town and couldn't access something because I didn't have my info. Ended up having to go through all kinds of hoops and hurdles.

Back