Pcip About Broke

1) PPACA - the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which included the PCIP, a major Patient Protection

2) ACA - the Govt dropped the Patient Protection (PP), including PCIP, renaming it ACA.

3) CA - the Govt is realizing it's not affordable either.

Last edited:
Actually if you read the CA PCIP text, it indicates they are stopping new enrollments at the direction of HHS. This is the common theme, HHS shuts down federal with less than one day notice (2/16) then directs all state PCIP to shut down new enrollments 3/2. This is coming from federal.

I can't prove it but suspect this is a money-grab to capture the remaining PCIP allocated funds and redistribute them to keep the 100k subscribers afloat.

Thanks for the correction Dave. In that case, I take back what I said about the Illinois IPXP being run by morons. They're only imbeciles, then. The feds will likely control the state exchanges with directives and orders as well. Even in the states who THINK they're running their own show.
-ac

Call the phone number for a shocker!
------------------------------
I have a pre-existing condition and have been on the pre-existing condition insurance plan, Obamacare, for more than a year. My out-of-pocket expense was increased 10 percent in January.
Now, a new frightening message is active when I call the customer service number, (800) 220-7898. All citizens should call this number and listen to the automated message, which affects our coverage and our bank accounts. Private carriers never would do this.
How would you feel if you paid your monthly premiums, used in-network facilities, obtained prior authorizations and followed the rules, all for coverage to hinge on the whims of federal funding? Regardless of prior authorization, if federal funds are exhausted, the insured is declined coverage. You are placed in a possible bankruptcy mode because the plan failed you, and you have no recourse. Where is the security in this wonderful plan for those with pre-existing conditions?

Tuesday: Health insurance plan falls short | Letters to the Editor | The State

Looks like they are trying to use the prevention fund, which is the fund Sebellius is trying to raid to support her Exchange Implementation problems.

Back