People with Nephropathy

suranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anyone know of any carriers that would issue some form (graded or full) of immediate protection when they have diabetic nephropathy?

Thanks

Trinity
RNA
AETNA
Trans
Oxford
Amer Home Life

to name a few 1st day cov

Thanks for this. A few things.

-RNA is a flat decline for this condition. I asked.
-AHL app has kidney disease in the knockout section just like RNA. I'll double check with them, but I'll bet they won't take it like RNA.

Thanks again!

My bad I saw NEUROPATHY. I rarely run across NEPHROPATHY. I'd bet one of those I listed though is fine

All good man. I first ran into this the other day which is why I made this post. I was pouring through apps, and it doesn't look like any company like this condition. Hopefully some peeps here can give some first hand experience with this condition getting approved with some company.

Anyone know of any carriers that would issue some form (graded or full) of immediate protection when they have diabetic nephropathy? Thanks

If treatment for kidney disease in past 4 years with no failure looks like Trans standard - just ask them the rest of those questions under c4.... If they are on insulin with kidney disease treatment in past 4 years it looks like that's a no go

Anyone know of any carriers that would issue some form (graded or full) of immediate protection when they have diabetic nephropathy?

Thanks

If no dialysis or failure, I'd look at Aetna, Great Western, KSKJ and LBL for possible Level coverage.

Humana, New Era/Philadelphia American and Sentinel Security for true Graded.

If treatment for kidney disease in past 4 years with no failure looks like Trans standard - just ask them the rest of those questions under c4.... If they are on insulin with kidney disease treatment in past 4 years it looks like that's a no go

Ya it seems that most apps where it would seem like nephropathy would be ok, they also ask about insulin usage which kills the deal. And lets be honest here, if their diabetes is so bad that they have developed nephropathy, they are probably on insulin regularly.

Scratch Aetna as they probably take over 40 units of insulin.Also I don't believe Liberty Bankers takes Neuropathy.Aetna's rates are outrageous now and they're regulated to a niche carrier.

long term usage of pain medications known as analgesics can cause it too. Don't assume until u ask the client

Good point. I'll remember that.

Scratch Aetna as they probably take over 40 units of insulin.Also I don't believe Liberty Bankers takes Neuropathy.Aetna's rates are outrageous now and they're regulated to a niche carrier.

Ya LBL would be modified. I guess Aetna would seem to be ok if they pass the insulin question.

Back