Please Tell Me About Employment with These Companies

TylerDurdan

Expert
Specifically I'd like to know what traning, expenses, leads basically whatever these compaines offer to new agents. Also if your captive for a certain amount of time, all the time, or how to be independant. Any help is much appreciated. The companies I've seen in the area are the usual: NYL, Met, Pru, John Hancock, Bankers, State Farm, Allstate. I am interested in being a Financial Advisor/ Insurance Agent. Advise away.

Well I worked as a producer for SF that was a crappy job to say the least.....The agent seemed to be making good $$ and was never in the office. SF offers ok rates and decent products for people that "qualify". They have strict-ish requirements to get a policy through them. You also have to do alot of service work (send select/reject forms over and over ect.). I hear you have to go through all kinds of stuff to even get selected as a potential agent (a bunch of interviews, many background and credit checks). That's pretty much the only company I know about that you mentioned. I work with Met on the independent side and I don't sell much of their product, their rates around here are very high compared to other companies. Hope that helps a little at least!

Only one I can comment on is bankers. You'll get a little training, of that's what you call it. You'll learn how to lie to seniors and offer way over priced products.

The end

Yeah I've been doing that but can't find much on specifics but.....thanks anyway.

There is a lot of information about all of those carriers on here.

Nonetheless, what type of a job are you looking for? These are all over the place in terms of pay, products, business model, lead generation, commitment, etc.

What do you think being a Financial Advisor/Insurance Agent means? Why are you interested in doing it?

Try considering AXA. They have a pretty good program put together and excellent benefits/training.

Companies don't matter. The mentor/manager/GA is EVERYTHING.

I have left my prior company (Combined Insurance). And I'm preparing to either go/stay independent or join a local career agency. With the one I'm talking with... well, all I can say is that it's been a long time since I was impressed by any "manager" or "recruiter".

This manager keeps things very simple. (I thought I was good at simplicity. This guy puts me in my place. I could really use a person like him to help me hone my strengths and strengthen my weaknesses!)

He reminds me of John Savage in MANY ways. In fact, if I were to compare his training and systems to John Savage, there would be slight tweaks, but I think it would essentially be the same. The difference will be an environment to monitor and reinforce correct behaviors.

It's never about the company. Only focus on the manager & mentoring teams.

NOTHING else matters.

I appreciate the posts. I have a license in life accident and health and actually work for one of the above. I am considering a change based on the post about mentoring. I don't trust the branch sales manager to give it to me straight. I feel he/she would tell me anything to "get me going" with their program of making them money. Its the old numbers game thing, more appts more presentations more ask to buy ya ya ya. I get that its a piece of it but theres a quality aspect missing and being new to business I can't put my finger on it. The prospecting model is getting in the house under false pretense. I don't know maybe I just need to drink the kool-aid.

Back