Pre-need commisions

NewOne1

Hello guys and gals, I am wondering what commissions you are getting for pre-need funeral/cremation? I am new to the industry and offered 3% to 13% for single pay, 3% to 12% for GI 3/5/10 pay, and 4% to 17% for UW 3/5/10 pay. Seems a bit low to me but again I am new to the industry and looking for some imput. Thanks in advance!!

Hello guys and gals, I am wondering what commissions you are getting for pre-need funeral/cremation? I am new to the industry and offered 3% to 13% for single pay, 3% to 12% for GI 3/5/10 pay, and 4% to 17% for UW 3/5/10 pay. Seems a bit low to me but again I am new to the industry and looking for some imput. Thanks in advance!!
That's not unusual for a new agent. I assume they are providing an office, phone, business cards, etc.? And a whole file of families that have used that funeral home to work?
The first year I sold pre-need my commissions ranged from 4% to 8%. (of the face amount, not the annual premium) I sold enough to make $72,000 that year. Once you prove yourself like that you will get much better offers BUT you go fully independent and pay for all your own expenses except they still usually provide an office within the funeral home to you. At the higher levels the commissions will range from 10% to 30% but you have to have some $1,000,000+ years before anyone will ever give you anything like that.

That's not unusual for a new agent. I assume they are providing an office, phone, business cards, etc.? And a whole file of families that have used that funeral home to work?
The first year I sold pre-need my commissions ranged from 4% to 8%. (of the face amount, not the annual premium) I sold enough to make $72,000 that year. Once you prove yourself like that you will get much better offers BUT you go fully independent and pay for all your own expenses except they still usually provide an office within the funeral home to you. At the higher levels the commissions will range from 10% to 30% but you have to have some $1,000,000+ years before anyone will ever give you anything like that.

No office, phone, business cards or "whole file" of families. They have provided a few direct mail leads but thats it?

No office, phone, business cards or "whole file" of families. They have provided a few direct mail leads but thats it?
That doesn’t sound like a good situation. I would have to know more to totally dismiss it. But no that’s not a great gig. You would be better off selling Final Expense which is a much easier to sell and find clients than Preneed is.

That doesn’t sound like a good situation. I would have to know more to totally dismiss it. But no that’s not a great gig. You would be better off selling Final Expense which is a much easier to sell and find clients than Preneed is.
I 2nd this!!

Back