Pre-Paid

Btw, I pre-qualify over the phone on 4 medical questions only... I'm a big believer in that time is money.. I also pre-bank qualify before I even ask for a list of the meds and proceed to the app... I have a benefits page I created years ago that is very effective- After that I tell the client that the carriers do require proof of insurability- So I ask them straight up "If I can get you approved will you or a family member be responsible to keep your policy enforce? If they say my daughter or son who lives in another state i simply make an excuse and leave.. If they say "Me".. I ask "Are you from Florida and do you bank locally?".. If they bring up a pre-paid CC I simply tell them no carriers take that and wish them luck

There is nothing like a nut hook when you go through the benefits, check meds, run rates, spend 5 min on the app till you get to the banking page and find they have a pre-paid... kinda like spending $40 on drinks and take home some broad, and after you unzip her dress your looking dead on a crank-... pack yer shit up and move to your next appt... trust me when I tell you this-

giphy.gif

Btw, I pre-qualify over the phone on 4 medical questions only... I'm a big believer in that time is money.. I also pre-bank qualify before I even ask for a list of the meds and proceed to the app... I have a benefits page I created years ago that is very effective- After that I tell the client that the carriers do require proof of insurability- So I ask them straight up "If I can get you approved will you or a family member be responsible to keep your policy enforce? If they say my daughter or son who lives in another state i simply make an excuse and leave.. If they say "Me".. I ask "Are you from Florida and do you bank locally?".. If they bring up a pre-paid CC I simply tell them no carriers take that and wish them luck

That's strong. I follow a similar model that I have seen recommended by bboman: Before I get to the app, I ask are you a PA resident? have a picture ID? Bank Locally? what is your SS draft date? And are your benefits directly deposited into that checking/savings account.? That way I know before picking the company if I am dealing with Direct Express or we have a checking/savings account.

I really like your question "If I can get you approved will you or a family member be responsible to keep your policy in force?" I like it because it is a strong closing question. If they answer "I'll be responsible" then you know you pretty much have a deal. I assume the close from the moment I get there, but adding an additional strong closing question like that to button up the sale is terrific (and by strong, I do not mean "high pressure") -what makes it so strong is that it is so direct and so assumptive at the same time. Great couple of posts, TPAAgent! Thank you!

Newer agents who run across this will get their hopes high thinking they got a solid sale. I did when I was new. It's very tempting to sign 'em up and go spend your new commission check...but you really need to think deeply about WHY this person doesn't have a bank account. It's been my experience that many of these folks have had several bank accounts in the past and simply didn't manage their balance. When someone tells me they don't like banks, that's a tell-tale sign that I'm wasting my time. At that point, I simply ask "Do you have a bank or credit union?" If they say neither, then I begin the process of packing up. I tell them the only way to set this up is if they have a bank account. I've had several people tell me they'll go set up a bank account this week or next week...blah, blah, blah. They rarely do it. I can usually gauge their level of interest/commitment. If I feel they're strong, then I'll offer to take them to the bank right now and set up a bank account. If not...NEXT!

There is nothing like a nut hook when you go through the benefits, check meds, run rates, spend 5 min on the app till you get to the banking page and find they have a pre-paid... kinda like spending $40 on drinks and take home some broad, and after you unzip her dress your looking dead on a crank-... pack yer shit up and move to your next appt... trust me when I tell you this-

"nut hook" That image is still embedded in my memory from when I first heard you use that term in Thailand. OUCH! lol

Back