• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Preparing for Series 6 Exam

"Finding good computer based practice exams and doing them over and over until you can score in the high 80's is the way I always prepared"

That's what got me a passing grade. I took a class on how to pass the 6 - which did nothing for me, I read the book once, and then spent 5 days doing nothing but taking practice tests over and over. If you can score high consistantly on those practice tests you'll be fine.

"Finding good computer based practice exams and doing them over and over until you can score in the high 80's is the way I always prepared"

That's what got me a passing grade. I took a class on how to pass the 6 - which did nothing for me, I read the book once, and then spent 5 days doing nothing but taking practice tests over and over. If you can score high consistantly on those practice tests you'll be fine.

That is all I have ever done. No classes for me.

I agree and i scored 90+ on both 6 and 63

I thought you didn't get a score for 6 and 63, just pass or fail?

I know our state license tests are that way, you only get a score if you fail, if you pass you pass. You can get a 71 or 100, it is a pass and that is all that is revealed.

I thought you didn't get a score for 6 and 63, just pass or fail?

I know our state license tests are that way, you only get a score if you fail, if you pass you pass. You can get a 71 or 100, it is a pass and that is all that is revealed.

You got scores both times that I took the 6 & 63. I pass both times.

You got scores both times that I took the 6 & 63. I pass both times.

Perhaps I just don't remember my score then. But I was thinking I didn't get it. Now that I surrendered my registration, I'm not planning on taking it again.

I feel that with the Series 6 and 63 that classroom prelicensing would only be helpful if you had already spent time in the material. If you go into it cold turkey then it will be overwhelming and it will be hard to apply what you are learning.
Most comments on here are correct...you need to spend time reading and doing practice exams.

I am not sure if there are exam prep courses for series 6 but there are several information website that hands out some information about the exam that students can review for. Not really sure if those are right info though.

Back