Preparing Work Schedule

So I have decided to go the independent route and I am trying to come up with an efficient schedule to keep myself to.I will be mainly focusing on final expense/life insurance and doing some medicare supplements as well. Right now my idea is to start out door knocking on Mondays from 1-4 and Tuesdays from 11-1 and 3-5. I will be purchasing leads as well but I want to try and hit every possible avenue that I can. I would like to reserve Wednesdays and Thursdays and possibly Fridays as appointment days. I know everyone has their own way of doing things, but I look forward to the feedback.

Merry Christmas all!

When it comes to door knocking I tend to have better luck from 4-6. More people are home, especially the bread winner. YMMV

To be candid, I think you have a basic flaw in your plan. Wanting to reserve two or three days for appointments is great, but you are probably going to spend most of your time trying to find appointments. Try a bunch of different was of prospecting and do them as much as you can, let your schedule sort itself out. The hardest part for most businesses is finding new customers and being an insurance agent is no different. More than half the work is just finding people. If you block out half your week for appointments, you're going to spend a lot of time not working.

Awesome i appreciate it. I will definitely prospect if I don't have anything set. Is anyone door knocking prior to 4pm? What are your experiences between DM leads and telemarketer leads?

Awesome i appreciate it. I will definitely prospect if I don't have anything set. Is anyone door knocking prior to 4pm? What are your experiences between DM leads and telemarketer leads?

At the risk of sounding harsh, read through the forum. Tons of this material has already been answered thoroughly and it will let you get answers quicker. In short, nearly every company that sells telemarketed leads doesn't deliver what the agent expects. Some agents have success hiring their own telemarketers or doing their own telemarketing. Direct mail has always worked and currently works, but it's expensive and there can be a steep (and expensive) learning curve.

Merry Christmas!

If your cannot afford to do mailers at the start I would plan on door knocking exclusively. Once you see enough people you will have some appointments and can then sort out a schedule.

I plan to eventually do mailers. I would like to keep costs low at the start and work exclusively through door knocking and my network.

I'm looking to do about the same as you. Look up the thread from jmatos about using surveys at the door.

Back