Promoting Business With Facebook

I connect with a lot of tax people, accountants and business owners and so far it has been a great source of prospects and leads.

But I guess you do end up spamming them and joining groups on linkedin just to promote yourself and your services...

Correction. It's a great place for a lot of suspects, not prospects and the more I'm on it in the insurance groups the more I see a lot of "L's" on foreheads.

They goggled your name?

Let me try and see what I come up with.

Dang!

Told you, #1....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
.....so we can read the 1,000 spam messages per minute from insurance agents on Linkedin selling everything under the sun?

That is a problem. I am going to drop all my groups. I do not participate in them anyway. I do not get a lot of spam. But those updates add up.

Last edited:
Told you, #1....

That is a problem. I am going to drop all my groups. I do not participate in them anyway. I do not get a lot of spam. But those updates add up.

Man, I didn't know you could get wine insurance protection. How much for the accidental consumption rider?

Man....you're bad!
Advertising on the net and actually making money is a bit like buying the American Idol CD that teaches you how to sing so you can get rich with a recording career.

Can you make a lot of money singing? Yes. The odds?

The odds may be against you, but making money on the Internet isn't about being lucky. If you study enough and test and test and test, you can make it a living on the Internet.

You just won't do it overnight and you aren't likely to do it IMNSHO by buying somebody's prepackaged program.

It is kind of like being a successful insurance agent.

Chances are you were told a lot of BS by the person who recruited you. You might have expected to make six figures right away.

Maybe you make a good living now, but it was only after a lot of hard work and after learning your craft.

I haven't made any money on FB yet, but I'm currently researching it and will run some tests (again) soon. I expect that I will make some money with it eventually.

I think one reason that people lose money on FaceBook and the content networks of the PPC engines is that they think that they can use the same strategies that made their PPC campaigns work.

They are different and require different strategies. You can't take your newspaper ad and put in a magazine and expect it to work as well. TV advertising is different from radio advertising.

The odds may be against you, but making money on the Internet isn't about being lucky. If you study enough and test and test and test, you can make it a living on the Internet.

You just won't do it overnight and you aren't likely to do it IMNSHO by buying somebody's prepackaged program.

It is kind of like being a successful insurance agent.

Chances are you were told a lot of BS by the person who recruited you. You might have expected to make six figures right away.

Maybe you make a good living now, but it was only after a lot of hard work and after learning your craft.

I haven't made any money on FB yet, but I'm currently researching it and will run some tests (again) soon. I expect that I will make some money with it eventually.

I think one reason that people lose money on FaceBook and the content networks of the PPC engines is that they think that they can use the same strategies that made their PPC campaigns work.

They are different and require different strategies. You can't take your newspaper ad and put in a magazine and expect it to work as well. TV advertising is different from radio advertising.
I've made money on FB since the first week they launched their ads platform (I think it was in late 2008)...

As a matter of fact, I have the great distinction of having been banned from their ad platform (which is easy to get around obviously) the first day it came out by promoting credit card affiliate offers (which were against their TOS).

The reason most insurance agents don't make money on it isn't because there isn't a market, it's because they have no imagination and think that people want to be sold insurance by reading about insurance.

You can definitely make or raise money. Last year I raised more than seven figures.

It can be done!

With FaceBook? Doing what? If you guys are serious, I don't even think you are selling insurance. What kind of operation is this LOL

I think some of you guys are cashing in on this whole 'technology' thing, which is cool. Just wish I knew what it was and how to do it. I got a big ole Newfoundland over here eating me out of house and home! Thank God I don't have kids. He has his own bedroom but he's always in my bed! Guess he wants a King size bed. :skeptical:

Now that you mention it, I have gotten business from Linkedin.com I have to tell you I haven't exactly figured the whole thing out yet. I have heard people rave about it and then others like me, on it but just kinda hanging out still. LOL

Back