Prudential Group LTC

I'm sort of new to the LTC arena and would be curious about your statement above. Are you speaking of partnership benefits like when you add a surviving spouse benefit rider or something else? Also, why do you think they wouldn't use it? I'd appreciate any insight, because another broker here is really trumping the benefits of the surviving spouse riders.

Thanks.

He is talking about the asset protection feature in state partnership plans. This has nothing to do with a surviving spouse rider. Not sure what that is, probably you mean the shared care rider.

I'm sort of new to the LTC arena and would be curious about your statement above. Are you speaking of partnership benefits like when you add a surviving spouse benefit rider or something else? Also, why do you think they wouldn't use it? I'd appreciate any insight, because another broker here is really trumping the benefits of the surviving spouse riders.

Thanks.

by Partnership, ltcadviser is referring to the DRA LTC Partnership programs.

Here's a description of the one offered in your state:

Washington state Long-Term Care Partnership Program

Thanks. Like I said, very new to the LTC arena and you are correct, I was thinking of a shared care rider. Any opinion on those? Seems like it could come in handy in some situations.

Mostly, though my concern is premium stability for clients. So many horror stories of people getting hit with huge premium increases and they end up dropping the policies after several years of paying in. How are you proposing people handle that concern without the ability to do a lump sum or limited pay option?

If I need to start a new thread for this, just let me know.

Appreciate the comments.

Thanks. Like I said, very new to the LTC arena and you are correct, I was thinking of a shared care rider. Any opinion on those? Seems like it could come in handy in some situations.

Mostly, though my concern is premium stability for clients. So many horror stories of people getting hit with huge premium increases and they end up dropping the policies after several years of paying in. How are you proposing people handle that concern without the ability to do a lump sum or limited pay option?

If I need to start a new thread for this, just let me know.

Appreciate the comments.

Work with people that are not premium sensitive. Make sure they can afford a premium that increases by 25%-50%.

I like Shared Care riders.

Long Term Care Insurance Shared Policies - LTC Partner

Last edited:
Back