Questions About Cold Calling Residences - Life Insurance

I've found that it helps to make a list of about 200 numbers and call them 3 times a day. Call first in the morning, make a note whether you have reached them or not, left message, talked to them etc.

Repeat this early afternoon, then again for the ones that don't answer mid evening, (6pm). This gets around the fact that people maybe out in to morning (work), the early afternoon on errands and then home in the evening.

It insures that your rotating the times you call to make sure your giving the prospect a chance to catch your call. Recently to not over call a number in the same day is I make 3 lists, 1 morning, 1 afternoon, 1 evening. Rotate these each day and your more likely to get someone on the phone.

Last edited:
1 – What are the best days and times to call people at their homes?
-a. How late is too late?
-b. What’s the general consensus on Friday and Saturday cold calling (yay or nay, and best times)?

Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 and recent rules are that you can only make telemarketing calls between 8AM and 9PM in the time zone you are calling. So if you are calling out of state be sure to be mindful of the time where you are calling.

And if someone tells you "take me off your list" you have to make sure you don't call them again.

It's a numbers game. Best of luck with this!

Best time to call is Monday-Saturday.
From 100 Calls expect 5 sign ups.
Just call call, and if it's local set an appointment

Are you joking? 5 sign ups? Out of 100 calls? Not selling life insurance.

Are you joking? 5 sign ups? Out of 100 calls? Not selling life insurance.

I agree his ratio is bogus. Out of 100, 25-30 will answer. A good agent can set appts with 4-5 of them for med supps. Closing rate for me is better than 50 percent so 3 sales (households) out of 100 calls is typical for me. Mojo I can call 100 in a little over an hour and a half.

I agree his ratio is bogus. Out of 100, 25-30 will answer. A good agent can set appts with 4-5 of them for med supps. Closing rate for me is better than 50 percent so 3 sales (households) out of 100 calls is typical for me. Mojo I can call 100 in a little over an hour and a half.

100 dials?

Is that using 1 line or 2 lines?

Seriously? Using Mojo you should be able to put out like 200 calls every hour and a half, that was using 2 lines for me...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also out of 100 calls you make 5 life sales? I'm guessing your buying 100 leads and selling 5 if that's the case. But straight cold calling that means your getting about 25 people to answer and 1/5 to buy, I call that BS.

I Am Totally Greatful For The Info Here. My Company Also Furnishes Leads, Scrubbed Against The Dnc List.

Leads don't need to be scrubbed against the DNC list. Leads have requested that you call them.

If your company is calling a list of people a list of leads they are misleading you.

Back