Recommendations for Hosting Your Own Email Marketing Platform?

Re: Recommendations for Hosting Your Own Email Marketing Platform

Check into MailChimp.com. I have used it many times in the past and for the little amount of money they charge it's completely worth it.

PS I am in no way affiliated with mailchimp.com.

Best,
Darren

MailChimp? how are you getting your lists? they bounced me at least 2x and it was just an autoresponder campaign to internet leads 3 days old.

Mark,

I get most of my lists either directly from the individual or from people who know they are signing up for a mailing list. Yes or you correct when you say that they bounce you when your spam rate is about 1% I think. They do this to cut down on spamming. It is technically "illegal" and their mail servers will be blocked by many ISPs if people are reporting them as spam. But if you are getting that much of a bounce/spam rate on your lists then they are probably pretty worthless anyway. It is hard to buy a good list, email addresses are so tossed around these days.

Best,
Darren

By using web based email marketing software there is no need to host. I recommend Email-M.Com - SAASEmail Marketing Service Provider which is providing the lifetime free plan.

Aweber.com is a lot like mailchimp or constant contact, but they're a lot more friendly to integration and a lot less hostile to bounce rate or spam report.

They also have this awesome feature that will turn your blog rss feed into your newsletter, then refeed that to facebook and twitter, so you can just automate the whole thing and
post on your blog.

They were the easiest to integrate with by a mile.

They do require double opt in, which you can get around by self hosting, but as others said you don't want to be blacklisted.

use something like interspire with an SMTP service that is not connected with your hosting provider. Hostgator will nail you after 500 email in 24hrs.

Well, I use constant contact, but I'm careful not to spam anyone. Most of my readers opt in to my emails.

Not to say that I didn't just add the people that I know to a list the first time. But they can opt out.

aweber is good as well, but you'll need to create a double opt in list with them ..from scratch

Back