Recruiting Best Practices

healthagent, Great baseline questions. Your experience is shining through.

BTW - Have you ever been asked, "How much is my draw, when do my benefits start, etc.?"

Thanks John, JR, and everyone else... Great stuff! I am thinking about taking a "keep it simple" product approach. In other words, appointing agents to the top 3 health carriers in the state and 1 solid life carrier. It makes more sense than training on 10 or 15 different companies.

Also, what about a discounted lead or free lead program based on production?

Thanks John, JR, and everyone else... Great stuff! I am thinking about taking a "keep it simple" product approach. In other words, appointing agents to the top 3 health carriers in the state and 1 solid life carrier. It makes more sense than training on 10 or 15 different companies.

Also, what about a discounted lead or free lead program based on production?

Teach them to generate their own leads first and then factor in a lead program based on their production. If you're getting 5% overrides put 3% towards leads. If you want a top GA contract with Fidelity Life let me know. It's a great POS option and gives you two opportunities to review their coverage every year.

LOTS of great stuff here and was struggling to come up with anything else that has not already been shared. All I could come up with was how you TRACK your recruits.

Buy software like ACT. Use it for notes and setting follow ups and such. It has all kinds of functionality including but not limited to mail merge. You can sort and filter recruits very quickly and create an email, or a doc for sending via usps, and it merges their name and such quickly over so each appears personalized.

I find that when an agent comes back to me months or years later and I can tell them "we've been speaking since Sept 2004 and buy the way how did that trip to Europe come off?", I get REAL traction as someone who has been around a while and knows them.

Then from there I'd get some sort of group emailing program that allows you to send text or html promos to thousands of your existing leads in your db. Folks rarely ask to be removed and say they've enjoyed getting our press releases and news letters over the years. I do keep these emails to a minimum and try to offer good info and articles not just promos to get their business.

In short, build a communication system and track all conversations and BE in contact with them at least quarterly. It's amazing what happens months later with folks calling you back......

Last edited:
Back