Replacing plan J

Can anyone give me a reason to replace a plan J for a 79 year old female other than a reduction of her premium of $299.5 and a commission? I think this plan is better than what we can offer now? Am I wrong? This looks like it was a Cadillac of Plans. I won’t replace it if I can’t help the client.

Ok, that's the only thing I know enough about plan J to ask. If she was still relying on plan j drug coverage for some reason, she would have had some hefty penalties.

You'll have to wait for an agent to comment on the other features of J against F or G.

You CAN'T take this to the bank, but what I think I have read in the past is that the other "special" features of Plan J have either been picked up by changes in what Medicare covers or by carryover of uncovered features to plans F and G. But you need to hear from agents on that for sure.

Ok, that's the only thing I know enough about plan J to ask. If she was still relying on plan j drug coverage for some reason, she would have had some hefty penalties.

You'll have to wait for an agent to comment on the other features of J against F or G.

You CAN'T take this to the bank, but what I think I have read in the past is that the other "special" features of Plan J have either been picked up by changes in what Medicare covers or by carryover of uncovered features to plans F and G. But you need to hear from agents on that for sure.
Plan J and Plan F each provide coverage for foreign travel emergency care as well. While Plan F allots for coverage of 80% of costs, Plan J provides 100% coverage.

Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan J coverage also provides two additional benefits that are not found in Plan F:

• At-home recovery care (up to $1600 a year)
  • Preventive care (up to $120 a year)
Medicare has since expanded its coverage of at-home recovery and preventive care, making these differences no longer necessary.

Before Medicare Part D, Plan J had some prescription coverage.

How much premium can you save them, will they pass u/w, and what carrier would you move them to?

If it's a new carrier without rate stability I'd question the move personally.

Most Plan F’s had no RX cov

Most Plan J’s had no RX coverage. The ones that did capped it at $500.
The only difference in the later Plan J’s and the Plan F was that J would pay for a stop smoking series of classes.

Old Plan H & I had a yearly Rx cap of $1250, Plan J was $3000. There was also a “ drugless” Plan J once Part D began. I still have clients on these old embedded Rx plans.

Thanks Kstein ,Newby, Goillini and DS4. About

Kstein, $120.00 a month less in premium. Underwriting I don’t know yet because I got stopped at the plan J. I should have went deeper with health questions. The carrier quote I received was from Humana.

Newby, Goillini and DS4 this plan is a United Healthcare from 2007. After The Part D implement.

One more question. Is she only eligible for the F or only the G?

To my knowledge, she's eligible to apply for any Supplement plan offered in her state, but if she was in a guaranteed issue situation, the F would be her guaranteed plan because her 65th birthday occurred prior to 1/1/2020. If she had turned 65 after 1/1/2020, the G would be her guarantee option.

Latest posts

Back